Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

1yr old tantrums!!! HELP!!! (piog)

Hi, Im new to this group and I need your help!!! DS will be one tomorrow and he is throwing horrible tantrums!!! I have no idea what to do at this point. He flings his body around and is hurting himself and others, namely, me! He gave me a black eye yesterday from him flinging his head and arching his back and bam, got me in the eye! Im lookin real cute at the moment... Im pretty sure tantrums are normal at this age but is the flinging and flailing normal? And the fact that hes hurting himself as well as others is that normal? I just dont know what do to and I cant get through my parenting book fast enough! Any suggestions on disapline or anything else I should be doing for this as well as any parenting books that are good, would be great!!! I just need to know what to do with him!!! What happened to my sweet little boy?!?!?

by on Oct. 22, 2008 at 12:43 PM
Replies (11-11):
NoahsMommy815
by on Oct. 22, 2008 at 2:40 PM

My 14month old is in the same phase. He throws his whole body back no matter if its safe or not and starts flalling his arms. What I've started doing is placing him in the playpen. I don't make a big deal about it cause that doesn't help. Then I just ignore him until he gets over it. I freaked out at first too because I was scared he'd hurt himself (that's why I put him in the playpen now) and because I didn't know if it was normal. But I'm subscribed on babycenter.com and they've been sending me emails on his weekly progress and soon after he started I recieved one about the tantrums. LOL! That helped. They have great articles if you want to check them out.  Lets both pray this phase doesn't last long.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN