Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

I need some advice..

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2008 at 1:50 PM
  • 8 Replies

My son is almost 3 months old... And still not sleeping through the night ( with my frist child she started sleeping through the night when she turned 2 months.)  He still sleeps like he is a brand new baby 2 to 4 hours at night and then it take for ever to get him back to sleep. All he seem to wanna do is eat... He is constantly crying and fussy... It seems like nothing I do sooths him.. He eats well almost a hole 8oz bottle with cereal.  But nothing I do works.. I get so flustrated at time cause he cries so much and i can't do anything for him.. Holding him works but i can't hold him 24 seven..  What are somethings that I could do to help sooth him so he will sleep long and help easy the crying so he know that i am there and am not leaving him?

baby giftJennie

by on Oct. 22, 2008 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MaMa-niCOOL
by on Oct. 22, 2008 at 2:09 PM

have you tried putting him in his swing? and If you can, I know its hard, try to keep him up durring the evening!! that way he is super tired when bed time comes!!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

jennjones630
by on Oct. 22, 2008 at 2:22 PM

I have 3 kids of my own and I would mix a little bit of baby oatmeal in their bottle.  That makes them have a full stomach and will make them sleep a bit longer.  Worked with all of mine since birth.

LadyUsagi
by on Oct. 22, 2008 at 2:28 PM

My 9 month old started to do that as soon as we switched him from a bassanet to a crib. I put an extreamly flat old pillow with the t-shirt i wore that day over it and lay him down on it or next to it. I know i shouldnt do that but its the only way to get him to sleep thought the night in his crib because he doesnt feel safe in it but when he can smell me and feels that hes laying on something soft that smells like mommy, he's fine.

Photobucket

chrissie79
by on Oct. 22, 2008 at 2:29 PM

You said he'll take an 8oz bottle w/ cereal-does that mean you put the cereal IN the bottle? If you do-take it out, girl! Put the cereal in a cup and start spoon feeding at night.Don't ask me why, but when my DD started spoon feeding, within a week she was sleeping through the night. We tried putting the cereal in the bottle, but it did NOTHING. She was still up every 2 hrs. Now every night she gets her cereal spoon fed, then a bath, then maybe an ounce of formula before bed & she's out like a light until morning. Give it a shot. Btw, we started this on the advice of our ped, who said NO cereal in the bottle, only by spoon. Best advice yet.

momofquinncruz
by on Oct. 22, 2008 at 2:40 PM
I agree with this-my second baby was 9lb 12oz. he had to start spoon feeding at 4wks. the milk just was not enough to satisfy.
Quoting chrissie79:

You said he'll take an 8oz bottle w/ cereal-does that mean you put the cereal IN the bottle? If you do-take it out, girl! Put the cereal in a cup and start spoon feeding at night.Don't ask me why, but when my DD started spoon feeding, within a week she was sleeping through the night. We tried putting the cereal in the bottle, but it did NOTHING. She was still up every 2 hrs. Now every night she gets her cereal spoon fed, then a bath, then maybe an ounce of formula before bed & she's out like a light until morning. Give it a shot. Btw, we started this on the advice of our ped, who said NO cereal in the bottle, only by spoon. Best advice yet.

Toni mom0f4
momaward
by on Oct. 22, 2008 at 2:43 PM

your baby could be lactose intolerant.  OR He may think he is hungry but really his stomach hurts. I would spoon feed the cereal just before bed make sure you burp him good after he eats too. If he wakes up give him a little warm water it may just be a stomach ache. Let me know how that works. I hope this will help!!!!!!!

sward14.qbeautyzone.com

Momaward

Stacey Ward

269-325-3362

www.iwantvia.com/staceyward

check it out!!!!!

www.u1stfinancial.net/waytogowards

If you have a mortgage you need to click on the above link. Let me tell you what the banks don't want you to know!!!!!!!

lexismom519
by on Oct. 22, 2008 at 2:48 PM

KEEP HIM AWAKE!!!  I had the same problem and by four months my daughter was sleeping through the nite,  try soothing music or singing to him or some type of movement but keeping him up for two to three hours in between naps will work!!!!   I promise from experience!!!

babygirl2024
by on Oct. 22, 2008 at 2:51 PM

How long has he been fussy?  I know both of my girls had acid reflux.  And when you hold them up it usually helps.  I had to get medicine for this.  Both of mine woke up throughout the night until they turned about 9 months old.  very weird I know.  I tried feeding them with a spoon but for some reason nothing helped with the fussiness until they were 4 months old.  That is normally when the acid reflux goes away.  Just a thought.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN