Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Sleeping Troubles PIOG

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2008 at 4:52 PM
  • 3 Replies

Ok, So I am having an issue with my 10 1/2 month old and sleeping....

Since she was born, I have always given her a bottle right before bed, rocked her, then once she was asleep lay her down. Now, after her bottle she is having trouble settling down and then once I get her to lay down she wakes up again within 10 minutes. Its an on going cycle for probably 45 minutes. Then within about 4-5 hours she wakes up again screaming...but she isn't hungry. I get her back to sleep but she WILL NOT go back in her bed. So usually every night around 3:00-4:00 she ends up sleeping with me in my bed (yes I know its not the best situation but I need sleep).

I also have issues with her napping during the day. She sleeps around the same time everyday, but only if I rock her, she wont fall asleep in her crib.

What can I do? I know some people say to Ferberize (sp?) but, I don't know if i can stand listening to her scream for a while before going to sleep.

Any Sugesstions on what I can do? I'm getting sick of this deal.

**Rachel**
                                       **Proud Mommy to Emily**

by on Oct. 22, 2008 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mkemom519
by on Oct. 22, 2008 at 6:46 PM

I just read a great book called the No Cry Sleep Solution.  It's totally against the cry it out, or Ferber Method.  I don't think it's a good idea to let a baby cry, as it's their only way of communicating and what are we teaching them if we don't meet their needs when they cry??  Anyway, it's a great book b/c it talks about soothing methods and bedtime routines, and how to get your kid to sleep better without doing anything harsh. Check it out, I got it from my library, so you don't really even have to spend money :)

kurokami77
by on Oct. 22, 2008 at 8:02 PM

Have you heard of The Body Shop?  They have this amazing product, Deep Sleep . . . it's full of natural relaxing ingredients like lavender and chamomile.  It's a mist that you can spray either onto your body, on the pillow or on the sheets.  My SIL's daughter can't even smell the stuff sprayed nearby without getting sleepy, but it only works with my son if I use it with a good bedtime routine.  I definitely recommend it.

ArmyMama12407
by on Oct. 22, 2008 at 9:58 PM

Thanks I am going to check both out. I just cant stand to hear her crying out for me saying mama over and over again. we have stuck to our routine since day 1 it seems...bath at 7:45 bed by 8:15 but its not working anymore. Thanks!!

**Rachel**
                                       **Proud Mommy to Emily**

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN