Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Babys face is so dry what should i use???

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2008 at 1:20 PM
  • 22 Replies

Ok i know i live in florida but it is friggin cold down here and this morning my daughter woke up and her face way dry and now under her nose and her cheeks are all red... I put regular baby lotion on her but it dosnt seem to be doing the job, So my question is what should i use?

by on Oct. 29, 2008 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ApryllRussell
by on Oct. 29, 2008 at 1:23 PM

Avent has a special lotion for dryness or chapness for babies. Also when their face gets chaped if you put vasoline on it it is safe and really helps.

Mali82
by on Oct. 29, 2008 at 1:23 PM

All of my kids had dry cheeks as babies.  It was from the drool I think.  I used Aquaphor and it worked well

musicangl
by on Oct. 29, 2008 at 1:25 PM

lol and im with both the ladies above me.. i use vaseline or aquaphor.. both work wonders.. i also put lotion on their faces before bed every night.. its part of the bedtime ritual.. but if totally dry under noses i put vaseline rest of face aquaphor. :)

pbrown
by on Oct. 29, 2008 at 1:25 PM

Baby oil or vasoline will work a lot better.  Don't use excessive amounts as a little bit goes a long way.  Regular baby lotion doesn't work very well for kids with dry skin.  Aveeno is also really good for dry skin.  They have Aveeno baby products out now that are perfect for the little ones senstive skin.  I believe Aveeno even has one made for dry skin.  I would check that out.  I've seen the Aveeno products at Babies R Us and Target.

Best of Luck

musicangl
by on Oct. 29, 2008 at 1:26 PM

i think.. dont know for sure but ithink the baby bees also makes a dry skin lotion.. not sure though.. but aveeno yea they do too i think. :)

LibbyAW
by on Oct. 29, 2008 at 1:28 PM

Aquaphor.  Lotion can actually dry babies faces out

ClownPleco
by on Oct. 29, 2008 at 5:41 PM

We used Aveeno Baby. It comes with a dark blue cap...Soothing Relief Moisture Cream. They also make a Soothing Relief Creamy Wash. It's gentler than regular baby shampoo/wash.

http://www.aveeno.com/baby/baby.jsp

Vaseline works well, too, but it does wipe of easily, especially if they're rolling around on the sheet/blanket.

It's also important to apply the lotion after a bath. That's a critical time to use it.

tajehra
by on Oct. 30, 2008 at 3:54 PM

AQUAPHOR! IT WORKS WONDERS! AT NIGHT I PUT IT ON MY FEET THEN PUT SOCKS  ON AND IN THE MORNING MY HEELS ARE SOO SOFT!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
RiCkYBoBBy989
by on Oct. 30, 2008 at 3:57 PM

eurcerine cream. in the big bucket its kinda expensive but it works wonders and lasts forever. i used it on all of my babies cuz they got eczema really bad.

Isaiahsmom92707
by on Oct. 31, 2008 at 9:13 AM

I'm an aesthetician ( I do skin) and I'm tellin ya anything with petroleum (aka vaseline) in it will seem to moisturize but it actually ends up drying skin out MORE in the end. (that's why chapstick is addictive) look around for something WITHOUT petroleum,..it's works GREAT as a skin PROTECTANT but not as a moisturizer. I use cetaphil moisturizer for dry or sensitive skin on my baby and I never have any problems. Btw the cetaphil cleanser is also good for babies who have baby acne(mine had it BADLY 4 weeks after he was born, poor thing). Take a pea sized amount and gently rub it all over the area and then use a very soft wet cloth and wipe it off, but be gentle.

Eucerin and Aquaphor(made by Eucerin) are both good products as well.  Aquaphor DOES have petroleum in it but if your babies problem is from drool then it will work wonders, but it sounds from your post like it's from the dry winter air. So if that's the case, a cream or lotion type thing will work better.

butterflyHope: wife to Christopher and full time mama to Isaiah

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)