Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

when do i start solids???

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2008 at 7:48 AM
  • 3 Replies

all the books and dr's say wait at least 6 months. my baby weighed 9 lbs 5 oz at birth and is hungry. i know he is. he is 5 months old. i have been giving him cereal in the morning and at bed time and that has helped a lot. when do i give him fruit and veggies? i don't want to make him fat but he just doesn't seem satisfied. he now weighs 16.5 and is 26 inches long.  advice please!

by on Oct. 30, 2008 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Noahsma08
by on Oct. 30, 2008 at 8:45 AM

i started at about 4.5 months old. he was hungry! he loved everybite!!!! try it! it wont hurt him!

Hallmomma
by on Oct. 30, 2008 at 9:12 AM

I start sometimes at 2 months...every baby is different.  Consistant baby food I usually start at 4 months, but I try things here and there 2-3 months.  Cereal is pretty much from about 4 weeks old here.

mkemom519
by on Oct. 30, 2008 at 11:22 AM

If he's over the tongue reflex and can open his mouth and swallow the food, go ahead.  We started fruit and veg at 4.5 months with our daughter.  She loves it!  I think the 6mo. is just to ensure they are ready, but if you think yours is ready beforehand, go ahead and try.  Every baby is different, trust that you know what your baby needs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN