Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

prolapsed uterus ?

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2008 at 9:49 PM
  • 6 Replies

Just curious if anyone has been told that their uterus is prolapsed or sitting low? I went to the doctor today for my 6 week postpartum visit and was told that my uterus is sitting low and that I need to start doing kegels. She said it's most likely because I've had 2 close pregnancies --- my children are 15 months apart. I'm starting to do a little research but was just curious what/if anyone has any experience or knowledge about this.  Especially since I would like to get pregnant again very soon and I don't know what complications this may cause.

by on Oct. 30, 2008 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mamaof32007
by on Oct. 30, 2008 at 10:43 PM

I dont know, I had really close pregnancies as well, my son was 15 months old when we had our twins, no one has said anything like that to me. 

Danesmommy1
by on Oct. 31, 2008 at 8:09 AM

I have no idea, but I'll give you a bump.

Elke

licipepper
by on Oct. 31, 2008 at 10:04 AM

My mom and my 2 sisters had a prolapsed uterus.... You need to follow your DR. directions and if she says to wait on another little one.....Wait. My mom turned out fine and had six children, three of us where born within 27 months! She took good care of herself and was able to have all of us naturally. However, both of my sisters had to have hysterectomies. One of my sisters uterus's Fell Out! It did not fall out on the floor but it did come down and would hang outside of her body.... Many women a prolapsed uterus and women turn out just fine, but there are those who have extreme problems, just take care of yourself and follow your Dr. orders.... I have one child  (4 months) and would like to have another right away also. Good Luck to you....

punkomama08
by on Nov. 25, 2008 at 1:57 PM

after i had my dd and we were waiting for the placenta my uterus tried to prolapse. it's scary i don't have much info to offer except to keep up on your excercises. i didn't and i feel that contributed to the problem.

my2boys700
by on Nov. 26, 2008 at 8:30 AM

I was told the same thing from my dr after my checkup and I have had 2 children.  He said not to worry about it and to do my exercises.  He said I can have more childrent if I want and he would just keep an eye on my uterus.  He also said I may not have any problems until I'm 86 either.  It's not something I'm going to worry a lot about until I start seeing problems!

Happy-Duckof6
by on Dec. 20, 2008 at 12:20 AM

There is a prolasping group on cafemom- I'd join them for support and ask questions...let's all bond together and offer support!..hugs- HD

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN