Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Awwww...it came back!

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2008 at 1:46 AM
  • 17 Replies

After 13 blissful months of not having my period, it returned yesterday and without any warning.   

bad

I am breastfeeding too, so that's probably why it was delayed.  When did your "friend" or should I say "enemy"  (LOL)   return? 

by on Nov. 2, 2008 at 1:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ErinAnnaandBaby
by on Nov. 2, 2008 at 5:41 AM

Um mine returned about 8 weeks after I had her. :( Then it was never regular since she is 11 months old now and I am preggo again and I never did have a normally timed  AF in between.

Megan711
by on Nov. 2, 2008 at 6:19 AM

i got mine back after 3 weeks (or 4) and i was breastfeeding!! i had loved being free from it for so long

AnnabellesMama
by on Nov. 2, 2008 at 6:46 AM

Mine came back after 11 months.  It was nice to be period-free for so long, but I welcomed it's return since I was ready to start ttc. 

TattooedBeauty
by on Nov. 2, 2008 at 9:50 AM

I honestly don't even remember how long after mine decided to come back but I do know that they were regular like they had been but they were a lot heavier and that totally sucked. I'm not complaining that I won't have one for 9 months or so now. Lol.

Danesmommy1
by on Nov. 2, 2008 at 10:28 AM

My period is so different now, post baby.  It's so much heavier and the cramps are worse.  I'm lucky that it's nice and regular though.  AF's not sneaking up on me, lol, she comes right on time.  We're ttc baby #2, so hopefully she'll be gone again soon!

Elke

musicangl
by on Nov. 2, 2008 at 10:52 AM

ok.. so with both my girls i bled for 2 weeks after having them from having them then 2 weeks later i had a period.. and everymonth after (cept when analiese turned 3months and found out makenzie was there lol) but still im still nursing makenzie so im use to having my period back. lol

Sillieguze
by Member on Nov. 2, 2008 at 1:13 PM

Mine came back when my son was 7 months old.  I breastfed him until he was 6 months old, then started weaning him, and that's when my period came back.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
princesspalace
by on Nov. 2, 2008 at 1:24 PM

Bummer!  LOL  My daughter is 7 mos. old and I breastfeed.... still no period for me yet!  :)

aarkat
by on Nov. 2, 2008 at 1:27 PM

When I originally was trying to conceive and went off the pill I didn't get a period for over 9 months due to the effects of taking birth control and my diet (not enough greens).  I was worried I would never have a period again, like I was going through menopause at 24. (Absence of periods is actually called amenorrhea). Well, I got things working again, and we got pregnant shortly thereafter.  I nursed my son 'til he was 2 1/2, and my period returned shortly after he weened.  I was so happy to know my body was still functioning normally and I was still a 'productive woman'.  I wanted to throw a party and tell everyone and scream it from the rooftops!    After not having a period for almost a year and wondering what was wrong with my body, I totally celebrate it's arrival now and have a healthier respect for my monthly friend.

And I will never ever go on birth control pills again; I had no idea they were steroids!

newmom2be08
by on Nov. 2, 2008 at 1:43 PM

I am not on birth control pills either.  We want to make sure that when we are ready to TTC #2 that we won't have to wait for the effects to leave my body.  I guess if we get pregnant before we start trying, then we we glady welcome another little one to our family. 

Quoting aarkat:

When I originally was trying to conceive and went off the pill I didn't get a period for over 9 months due to the effects of taking birth control and my diet (not enough greens).  I was worried I would never have a period again, like I was going through menopause at 24. (Absence of periods is actually called amenorrhea). Well, I got things working again, and we got pregnant shortly thereafter.  I nursed my son 'til he was 2 1/2, and my period returned shortly after he weened.  I was so happy to know my body was still functioning normally and I was still a 'productive woman'.  I wanted to throw a party and tell everyone and scream it from the rooftops!    After not having a period for almost a year and wondering what was wrong with my body, I totally celebrate it's arrival now and have a healthier respect for my monthly friend.

And I will never ever go on birth control pills again; I had no idea they were steroids!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN