Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

i am going crazy!

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2008 at 4:42 PM
  • 2 Replies

my 3 1/2 year old is acting beyond bad!!  I know know what to do.  He started hitting and kicking the teacher at school today and tried to bite her!  He has been getting into shampoo and soap and sqwirting it everywhere and got into the toothpast and my hair spray( he woke up at 3:00 am and did this ).  Today he was when potty and after that he unrolled the TP and but it all in the potty! (he did this the other day to).  I try talking to him and time outs but he is getting worse.  I dont know what to do I am starting to get very angry and I dont want to take it out on him!  I dont know what to do and I just need to vent

by on Nov. 3, 2008 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Danesmommy1
by on Nov. 3, 2008 at 5:40 PM

Sorry mama!  I haven't had to deal with an unruly kid yet.  I wish I had some advice!

Elke

Kari3179
by on Nov. 4, 2008 at 8:29 AM

Wow!  It sounds like he is going through quite a phase!  Although my children aren't quite as old yet, we've also had to use timeouts which don't always seem to work.  Here are some suggestions for you though:

-put up a baby gate at his doorway (we do this w/our 2 yr old so she doesn't walk around the house at night and fall down the stairs.)  That way, his door can still be open but he can't wander around getting into things.

-make him responsible for cleaning up or at least helping you clean up.  If he has to sit w/a rag and wipe up toothpaste, maybe he will think twice about getting into it again.

-start a behavior modification chart.  Reward him for the good things he does around the house like helping you, or cleaning up his toys.  Give him a sticker and then after so many stickers, maybe he can pick a prize or spend some quality time w/you one on one doing something he enjoys.

-get him involved (if he isn't already) in a playgroup, preschool program, sport, etc. that he might enjoy.  Maybe he just has a lot of energy that he needs to release and making a mess is the only thing that he can do to get attention.

Just some ideas.  Hope these help a little.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN