Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

coilc!! help!!

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2008 at 7:21 AM
  • 6 Replies

i feel so bad for saying this but this is driving me nuts!! she was such a perfect baby!! than all of a sudden in the past 3 weeks she crys and crys and crys but not the normal cry the  blood  wrenching scream cry. it starts every night  at 10:00pm and dose not let up till 6:00am. she is on enfamil. it seams like that home remedy Karel syrup makes it worse so i stopped that. I've tried warm baths, car rides, cuddling, singing, walking, letting her CIO, baby massage, i been to Walgreen's hopeing they have some sorta of magical Meddison.... those baby isles are crazy so much stuff O.O. I'm so tired this week i  can't even think straight.. i love my baby so much but i just want to cry. i wish i knew how to help her. she is 1MO and 1 week old.

pregnancy due date
by on Nov. 4, 2008 at 7:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Hallmomma
by on Nov. 4, 2008 at 7:41 AM

Talk to you doctor about changing to a gentle ease formula....you can do it if you want, but lots of moms like to talk to their doctors first.  Gripe water is a nice thing to try....I had to find it at a main grocery store, but its by the same people who do Little Noses.  Swaddle your baby and if she will only sleep in a swing or a bouncer, then let her do it!  my daughter had colic pretty much all day.  I would do everything I could, sometimes just letting her cry for a few minutes, which killed me!  Try putting her in a carrier and holding her close to you.  Make sure you burp her often and try some gas drops as well.

KidX54
by on Nov. 4, 2008 at 8:06 AM

Quoting Hallmomma:

Talk to you doctor about changing to a gentle ease formula....you can do it if you want, but lots of moms like to talk to their doctors first.  Gripe water is a nice thing to try....I had to find it at a main grocery store, but its by the same people who do Little Noses.  Swaddle your baby and if she will only sleep in a swing or a bouncer, then let her do it!  my daughter had colic pretty much all day.  I would do everything I could, sometimes just letting her cry for a few minutes, which killed me!  Try putting her in a carrier and holding her close to you.  Make sure you burp her often and try some gas drops as well.

ty very much! i finly got her to sleep swaddling and rocking her. i sent SO out to get some Gripe water and gass drops! =)

pregnancy due date
MamaJae
by on Nov. 4, 2008 at 8:14 AM

My daughter has colic  too. She wont sleep and cries all day from aroubd 2 till midnight. I just got her somr gripe water last night and i dont know if it was just a coincidence or not but she quieted down after i gave it to her and actually slept from 10pm-7am !!! Thats the longest she has ever slept. Hope it works for you !

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

itsjjb
by on Nov. 4, 2008 at 8:16 AM

My baby had colic so bad and I did not know what to do either, another mom on here told me about little tummy's gripe water and it was a god sent. Go get it, it will help. I started making it on my own because I used it so much, I started drinking it myself and baby also got it through my breast milk. If you want to recipe just send me a message. GRIPE WATER-LOVE IT, their are other brands but I only tried the little tummy's one and they were the cheapest. I gave it to my little one before she ate every time for about 3 months.

I just wanted to tell you I know how you feel, colic is HELL, and I thought I would never make it through it,  I hope you have lots of help. I did not want to let anyone help me because I did not want to leave her when she felt so bad, also I wanted to be good mom and handle it myself, boy was I stupid.  Best advice I could give you is get away from your baby as much as you can, leave baby with someone you trust and give yourself peace for a little bit. Like I said I did not do that and I wish I would of taken that advice when someone told me. My baby had it until about 3 weeks ago, from 2 weeks after birth until 3 months 2 weeks. PURE HELL. I felt like SHIT all the time because their was time I did not even like my baby and thought I was a horrible mom. YOU WILL SURVIVE!!! Be strong and if you need me, I am here.

american flag ribbon

mommyof5_
by on Nov. 4, 2008 at 8:25 AM

I used the gentlease formula and gripe water!!!! It worked great for mine. I feel for you.I really do. Mine had it for months before I found something to work. So I hope this helps and good luck and hang in there!!

KidX54
by on Nov. 4, 2008 at 8:33 AM

ty very much the support is very appercaited!!

pregnancy due date
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)