Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

update on sick DD (update on my omg im so mad i could spit nails)

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2008 at 5:42 PM
  • 4 Replies

so my sister took my DD to ER and after almost 2 months and 4 doctors they finally diagnosed her with RSV, which from what i read its not that serious, they are giving her one long breathing treatment in the ER and sending her home with albuterol and a nebulizer...thanks again for all the support and if anyone else has had a child with RSV can you give me some insight??

by on Nov. 4, 2008 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
leyash
by on Nov. 4, 2008 at 5:57 PM

When my cousin had RSV, she was in the hospital for almost three weeks. From what I understand, it IS a pretty big deal. You're going to need to watch her for awhile...

Srodriguez1014
by on Nov. 4, 2008 at 6:04 PM

well both my neice and nephew had it and from what the doctor told me on the phone it is serious in infants and little babies but shes almost a year old and it doesnt affect her as bad, her pulse/ox was 99 which is great and really the worst thing is the sound of her breathing, of course im gonna watch her but i think that if it was that serious they would admit her and they didnt, thanks for the concern tho!!

Quoting leyash:

When my cousin had RSV, she was in the hospital for almost three weeks. From what I understand, it IS a pretty big deal. You're going to need to watch her for awhile...

MumsTheWord571
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2008 at 6:06 PM

my cousin had it and she was taking the albuterol and nebulizer for about a month. I think that if you caught it early she'l be just fine. Just keep an eye on her.

whales
by on Nov. 4, 2008 at 8:35 PM

My oldest daughter had RSV when she was around 8 months. She had a really bad cold and then it turned into RSV she was on a nebulizer and I think they put her on an antibiotic. She didn't end up in the hospital thank goodness they caught it early enough. My middle child had a really bad cold about the same age and I took her to the dr like 3 times in 2 wks cuz she was just miserable and she was very wheezy but the dr kept telling me that she is fine. I was so frustrated and finally the 4th time I took her back her dr said thank goodness I brought her in cuz if she didn't get medicine in her asap she would be hospitalized. They diagnosed her with bronchialitis which is a little worse than RSV but still quite awful. I would just watch your child but the nebulizer and medicine should start working with in a few days. If you don't notice a change for the better  than I would go back to the dr.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)