Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does ur baby use a....

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2008 at 8:44 AM
  • 20 Replies

nite lite. my son is 10months. i jus started turnin off the nite lite wen he goes to bed. maybe this will help him sleep all nite!!!!! im sooooo ready for that!

by on Nov. 24, 2008 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Louben987
by on Nov. 24, 2008 at 9:15 AM

my daughter, now 21 months, has slept with a humidifier with a fake fish aquarium that bubbles, lights up/changes colors since she was about 7 months old. it provided a night light and white noise for her and she sleeps through the night. i don't know if eliminating a night light will help your son, i guess every child is different but i think when they are older, a small amount of light helps them feel more oriented if they do wake up. you can always try and see!

MommyRust
by on Nov. 24, 2008 at 9:32 AM

That is the same thing we have in Adrianna's room! It works great for her - plus it makes the air moist so that way she can breathe better!

Quoting Louben987:

my daughter, now 21 months, has slept with a humidifier with a fake fish aquarium that bubbles, lights up/changes colors since she was about 7 months old. it provided a night light and white noise for her and she sleeps through the night. i don't know if eliminating a night light will help your son, i guess every child is different but i think when they are older, a small amount of light helps them feel more oriented if they do wake up. you can always try and see!

MamaStone2
by on Nov. 24, 2008 at 9:35 AM

my 13 month old dd sleeps with a fiber optic night light, and she sleeps through the night.

Hallmomma
by on Nov. 24, 2008 at 10:23 AM

nightlights always kept my kids up, so we never used them!  My daughter didnt sleep through the night until 12 or 13 months!  Some kids just wake up still!

lilmomma4
by on Nov. 24, 2008 at 10:38 AM

i never used a night light. I usually leave the bathroom light on for the older kids though.

joyce6489
by on Nov. 24, 2008 at 10:38 AM

olivia (16 months) uses a night light basically so i can see her when i walk in .. she has been sleeping  thru the night since 3 months.. every now and again she wakes up for reassurance so i lay her back down and she is out again.. so the light helps me find her in her crib..lol

shortie01
by on Nov. 24, 2008 at 10:48 AM

Sanai(19m) sleeps with her TV on, she likes the noise.

I'm the mother of two kids under 2 years old. I must be crazy. LOL

Wenner429
by on Nov. 24, 2008 at 3:27 PM
My son who is almost 3 uses a nightlight..and when he was a baby I always had a nightlight mostly to see when I checked on him and he slept through the night at 6 weeks. It doesnt keep him up now either.
kstott82
by on Nov. 25, 2008 at 10:56 PM

my son has been sleeping with a night light since about 2.5 months old he is now 5 months old.  I bought it from walmart it gives off a soft blue light thats not really bright but enough so he doesnt wake up in total darkness...i also have a noise maker that has the white noise on it that seems to help as well.

preview image 

myfroggyeclipse
by on Nov. 26, 2008 at 7:37 AM

my 17m dd does this too, but I go in before I go to bed and shut it off and turn on the night light. We have watched Kung Fu Panda at 2 naptimes and bedtimes since it's came out -- ughhh I am tired of it.. Our Pug sleeps with her so when I turn the tv off she gets the snoring from the dog as the noise!!

My 3m ds has a night light and has had one since he came home from the hospital and he has one of those womb bear things that has the heartbeat for the sound.

Quoting shortie01:

Sanai(19m) sleeps with her TV on, she likes the noise.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)