Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Ways to tell DH your pregnant?

Posted by   + Show Post

I saw another post that was ways to tell your extended family your pregnant but I was wondering if anyone had any creative or unique ways to tell your DH that your pregnant?

SAHM, Breastfeeding and bottlefeeding, Cloth diapering, Mother of 1 son, Wife of an amazing husband, Friend to alot of people, always optimistic, SD Girl...

by on Nov. 25, 2008 at 10:54 AM
Replies (11-15):
LoveMy2Boys426
by on Dec. 2, 2008 at 9:33 AM

Haha... when my I got pregnant with my 2nd, my husband told me too!  I took a test and it said negative and a few days later, I still felt horrible so he went in the trash can and pulled it out and said "Is it supposed to have a plus sign?"  And I was like "You're a liar".  I was driving home from school so he sent me a picture text of the stick.  I guess it just needed a few more days!

With my 1st, it phone was dead and I left it on his voicemail and then bought him a "I Love Daddy" bib the next day.

Quoting hot_momma88:

Well DH told me when I was pregnant... It's kind of a weird story lol.

I when we start trying for our next(not for at least 2 years), I'm going to buy a big sister shirt for our daughter and have her wear it when he gets home from work.

I Love My Blonde, Blue-Eyed Babies!

Danielle: Loving Wife to Blaine (5/4/07) and Proud Mommy to a Special Boy, Ryland (9/9/07), and a Princess, Mckenzie (8/13/08)!

Isaiahsmom92707
by on Dec. 2, 2008 at 9:51 AM

with my First I bought a baby blanket at walmart and wrapped it up all pretty and was like " I got a present for you!" it was funny though because he opened it and was like.....what's this? is this for me? lol i was like...ok are you being dense or what then he was like NU UH NO WAY he was so excited cos he had been begging me months before that.

NOW I'm preg again and haven't TOLD him,...I hinted but I'm not completely positive that I am so I didn't want to get his hopes up and then let him down so I'm waiting a couple of days and taking another test. This is great cos I can get some ideas here!

butterflyHope: wife to Christopher and full time mama to Isaiah

adair87
by on Dec. 2, 2008 at 1:50 PM

I didn't read all the replies so I might be repeating something. I wanted to do this for John...since Christmas is almost here I was going to buy him a camera in either blue or pink ( i should know the gender by then) if you don't know the gender you could just get him something thats nuetral for a baby or stick with the camera and add a little note " a camera for all the photos of the new baby" . The way I ended up telling him was a little less fun. He kept saying we had to be careful because he wasnt ready for another, so 1 night after not being careful I say " I thought you wanted to be more careful" he said he was too lazy, and jokingly asked if I was pregnant, I tossed the pregnancy test on him, and said yep. He made me take another because he didn't believe me. There are so many cute ways you could go about it. Just becasreful how long you wait to tell him. If his bday is coming up and you'll have an u/s done you could put the pics in his bday card. Sooo many ways.

MommyofTwo719
by on Dec. 3, 2008 at 12:08 PM

with our first i just blurted it out, becuase i was so surprised. he was in the kitchen and i was in the bathroom and i screamed it down the hall... we were trying but it happened so fast we were both shocked.

the second time, we werent trying but had gotten pretty careless... he had already commented that he thought i was and i knew deep down that i was, but it still came as a surprise when i saw the plus sign! he had to work late so before i went ot sleep i left my two pos. tests on his pillow. i heard him come home, put on his pjs, pull back the covers... then "oh shit!" haha. hwe said "whats this??" i just said congratulations daddy.

i think we're going to start trying again in a few months, i've gotta think of a fun way to tell him the next time...

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
http://aimsterella.blogspot.com/
wmbeener
by on Dec. 3, 2008 at 12:12 PM

I left the proof in the bathroom for him to find one morning.  The next day everyone knew.  His mouth is bigger than mine, what can I say.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)