Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

When to move newborn to own room

Posted by   + Show Post

I was wondering what some opinions were of others about the appropriate age/time to move my newbon from the bassinet in our room to his own crib in his room. We have a baby monitor and the room is right next door. I was thinking we should do this before my hubby goes back to work next week, but I dont know if it is too early?? He is 2 weeks old. Thanks....

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
by on Nov. 27, 2008 at 8:30 AM
Replies (11-20):
Amber115
by on Nov. 28, 2008 at 12:01 PM

I think that is too early myself. I always waited a couple months at least, and since my kids share rooms now, I wait until they can pull themselves up (protect them a little LOL)

JessicaB86
by on Nov. 28, 2008 at 12:04 PM

I moved my daughter in her own room the second we got a crib. She was right across teh hall and we had great monitors. I think she was a few weekd to a month before we actually got a crib though.

Mom2Bria
by on Nov. 28, 2008 at 12:10 PM

When my daughter was about three months old is when we moved her into her own room...She sleeps in there with a nightlight and has done wonderful! If you able to hear your baby in the next room, don't use the monitor!! Every little noise they make is magnified and you won't get any sleep!! We don't use one and I can still hear every little noise she makes!! Good Luck!

breastfeedingi_votedbaby girl~*~Holly~*~

I'm a 25 year old, married, breastfeeding, vaxing, non-co-sleeping, working out of the house, public breastfeeder, pacifer using, disposable diaper using mom who voted for Obama!! And my baby is happy! That's all that matters!

kyfiregirl
by on Nov. 28, 2008 at 12:39 PM

All my girls had their own rooms which was nice to have their own space but it was harder for me to leave them alone in their room so my girls slept in their bassinette in my room for about 1 1/2 to 2 mo but then transferred just fine! I just used a monitor! good luck it really is to your comfort as long as they dont have any medical problems or concerns!

joyce6489
by on Nov. 28, 2008 at 2:34 PM

hmm what we did was keep Olivia in my room in the portacrib until 3 months. then we put he in her crib and it was perfect and easier for me because at the same time she slept from 8pm to 8am.. so 3 months was perfect for us

beanerbecky
by on Nov. 28, 2008 at 5:09 PM

I moved my daughter at 2 months because she outgrew her bassinet. My niece slept in her own room from the start.

Danesmommy1
by on Nov. 28, 2008 at 5:26 PM

My son was 8 months before being moved out of our room.  Most nights he still ends up in bed with us...

Elke

batsonsgirl
by on Nov. 28, 2008 at 5:32 PM

i would love to move my baby...2 months into her crib in  her room. only problem is she is gonna be sharing her room with her older brother who is 3.  so, i would worry bout her wakin up him at night. i kinda figured she would be in our room till she sleeps better at night. i so wish they didn't have to share, but we only have the 2 bedrooms.  hope she is sleepin thru the night by 4 months!!

have your own simple home biz
http://www.stayhomewithcandles.com

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
isaboo22
by on Nov. 29, 2008 at 10:11 AM

It is really up to you. Think about this...do you sleep heavy? Will you hear all those little things on the monitor.

I persoanlly put my babies with me, no matter where I was, in a basinetter, until they grew out of it. Howveer, I also have family memebers who have had to unfortunately deal with SIDS, so the first few months, I hear every little noise....and if I don't, I will put the baby in bed with me.

But its really your own preferance.

lilNathansMommy
by on Nov. 29, 2008 at 12:19 PM

3 months with our first one, second one we are doing now at 2 months.......we started him during the day first, then at night when he was comfortable with that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN