Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Red Bumps on her head.. kinda blistery & dry? CHICKEN POX!

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2008 at 6:40 PM
  • 6 Replies

My 4 month old dd has these red bumps all over her head... they are blistery looking, but dry and flakey.  They are starting to show up on her neck and arms too.. a couple of them on her torso.  She has a slight fever, but is in a good mood and is eating normal... I am freaked out though.  I am planning on taking her to the doctor in the morning, but looking for some kind of ideas.  Thanks for reading this and any words of wisdom are appreciated! 

Now i know my baby isn't the youngest baby ever to have chicken pox... but my heart is breaking for her.  Poor thing is so uncomfortable and it's awful to watch.  Went to the doc and they confirmed the stupid pox.  Her ped suggested giving her benadryl and oatmeal baths.  So wish me luck for our long week ahead!

by on Nov. 30, 2008 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
stacymomof2
by on Nov. 30, 2008 at 8:37 PM

Hmmm, no idea.  Bump for you!

Swt_Mama
by on Nov. 30, 2008 at 8:46 PM

ITS SOUNDS LIKE EXCEMA SWEETIE BUT THAT MY OPINION MY SON HAS IT BUT NOT THAT SEVERE HAVE YOU INTRODUCE SOLIDS TO YOUR LO ARE YOU NURSING MAYBE IT WAS SOMETHING YOU ATE THAT TRIGGERED IT HOPES IT HELPS

YOU MAY WANT TO TRY SOME HYPOCROTIZONE EXCUSE THE SPELLING AND KEEP IT MOISTURIZED BY APPLYING LOTION WITHIN 3 MINS OF BATHING THE LO SOME WITH OATMEAL OR SHEA BUTTER LIKE AVEENO HOPE I WAS A LITTLE HELPFUL

CrystalDawn2506
by on Nov. 30, 2008 at 9:48 PM

looks like my DD's eczema when she first broke out at 15 months old. But not exactly sure since I am no MD lol. But if you grow concerned about it before the Dr. Apt. take your LO to the ER. I am sure your keeping tabs on that slight fever and all just keep up the good work. Also Good luck and update us : )

1Kitty
by on Nov. 30, 2008 at 9:52 PM

My little one has baby exzema and it looks similar but is NOT blistery. It is red, dry, and scaley. It is on his head, legs, arms, and back. hmm?

mamalisa0217
by on Dec. 1, 2008 at 5:22 PM

imo- i would say it is a rash from strep throat, it is called scarlita rash. they usually come with or w/o a fever. but she is only 4 mths so idk.hopefully she gets better.

Autumn22
by on Dec. 3, 2008 at 12:15 PM

Oh honey, consider yourself lucky that your baby is getting this naturally!  The vaccine for it wears off over time... so then it leaves adults suseptable for getting it, which is MUCH more serious then.  I can't wait for my kids to get chicken pox.  haha.  I got it, my sister got it from me when she was an infant.  Good luck!

For 2000 years doctors looked at the world through the filter (belief) that 'bleeding was therapeutic'. Not until the general education of the public lead people to rebel against this mistake was it corrected. Today many look at the world through the belief that 'vaccines work'.    www.myspace.com/parentsagainstvax 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN