Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Hubby and Breastfeeding

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2008 at 10:29 PM
  • 10 Replies

My son was born May 22, 2008 and we have been breastfeeding. He is doing just fine breastfeeding, he weighs 22lbs at 6 months. The problem I have is with my husband. I think he may be jealous or something. When I start to feed my son, he sometimes kicks and makes a kind of screeching sound when I start pulling up my shirt to feed him. My husband tells me "see, he hates breastfeeding, he wants a bottle". My son is just excited because he knows what is coming, he is not upset about it. I don't understand why my husband would try and make me feel bad about breastfeeding, the only thing I can think of is that he's jealous in some kind of way. Any thoughts?

by on Nov. 30, 2008 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BrandonsWifey08
by on Nov. 30, 2008 at 10:44 PM

only thought is that is such a man!!!lol

Emschick38
by on Nov. 30, 2008 at 10:50 PM

Boys are so silly. Tell your hubby he can wait his turn for your boobs back.

frndlyfn
by on Dec. 1, 2008 at 5:04 AM

maybe he wants to feed your little one  himself? otherwise he can wait his turn for boobs.

Bobcatvalley
by on Dec. 1, 2008 at 6:21 AM

my husband acts the same way.  u would think they would be happy we r doin whats best 4 baby

Franchesca

Comer, GA

Isaac and Destiny's momlittle flower

abra
by Abra on Dec. 1, 2008 at 6:56 AM

Why don't you just ask your hubby about it? Tell him how it makes you feel when he does that.

Lilypie 1st Birthday TickerLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
darbie2008
by on Dec. 1, 2008 at 1:56 PM

my hubby is jealous of the bondnig me and my son get with breastfeeding but since i let him feed him one bottle at night when  want more sleep he is fine now.

Mia055
by on Dec. 1, 2008 at 4:44 PM

my hubby acted the same way when i first had my son...he thought he wouldnt have time with me or him...then i told him breastfeeding kept my periods away and of course he liked that LOL...

perfectmom20
by on Dec. 1, 2008 at 4:46 PM

i agree this is best!!

Quoting abra:

Why don't you just ask your hubby about it? Tell him how it makes you feel when he does that.

drojohn
by on Dec. 2, 2008 at 10:44 AM

I have asked him about it, more than once. He just denies that he is jealous and swears my son hates it. I told him when he says things like that it makes me feel bad, and he just tells me to "get over it". He really is usually a really nice man, that is why I don't understand why he acts this way. I am going to try pumping more so that he can feed him atleast once a day.

Bobcatvalley
by on Dec. 3, 2008 at 9:10 PM

I really would not worry about pumping to cater to his needs.  Hold your ground on this one.  Men can be very selfish.

Quoting drojohn:

I have asked him about it, more than once. He just denies that he is jealous and swears my son hates it. I told him when he says things like that it makes me feel bad, and he just tells me to "get over it". He really is usually a really nice man, that is why I don't understand why he acts this way. I am going to try pumping more so that he can feed him atleast once a day.

Franchesca

Comer, GA

Isaac and Destiny's momlittle flower

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN