Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mamas of 9-10 month olds?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2008 at 8:42 AM
  • 9 Replies

Hey there.  I was wondering if you had a 9-10 month old baby - what's an average day of feeding like? 

- My baby boy Riley eats has breakfast at about 9:30-10 AM - 8-9 oz. of formula & about 4 oz. of oatmeal. 

- Then lunch at around 3 PM - 6 oz. of sweet potatoes (stage 3 Gerber) & 8 oz. of formula. 

- Dinner at around 8 PM - 6 oz. of sweet potatoes (or squash) & 8 oz. of formula. 

He used to regularly eat 4 times a day, but now he's tapered off to a more convenient 3, lol.  He's a big boy, about 23-25 lbs. & very healthy.  I was just curious how other babies around his age ate. 

Thanks for any replies in advance!

by on Dec. 1, 2008 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Mama_Dev
by on Dec. 2, 2008 at 2:00 AM

Anyone have 9-10 month old babies?  lol

TOMUCH_2FAST
by on Dec. 2, 2008 at 2:16 AM

i do not but i will gladly bump

stacymomof2
by on Dec. 2, 2008 at 11:13 AM

I have a 10m old girl.  She has tapered off on the eating, she is a big baby 30" and 24lbs!  Her's her sched:

nurse 5:30 or 6:00 am (I don't know exactly how much but a lot!  lol)

breakfast at 7:30 about 4 oz table food (banana or cheerios or something)

Nurse for am nap (not a lot, maybe 4 oz?)

Lunch at 11:30 about 6 oz table food, 4-6oz formula

2:00pm nurse pm nap 6 oz

supper at 6:00pm she usually eats a lot

nurse to bed usually not too much

I think what you're doing sounds right!  I just let the baby lead.  They don't need as much to eat starting around this age, the growing slows down.

Mama_Dev
by on Dec. 2, 2008 at 8:51 PM

I sure appreciate you sharing, thanks!!!  :)

SRLPrincess1067
by on Dec. 3, 2008 at 1:47 AM

HOLY TOLEDO BATMAN!!! LOL

My baby is 14mos and doesn't eat that much! She's small tho... only 23lbs now, and was under 20lbs around that age.

She has usually always eaten at 9a, 12n, 5:30pm.

I would recommend giving your baby a bigger variety, since he's such a big boy... you may find he wants to eat less formula and more food now. Serena decided that at 10 month's she just wanted 3 bottles a day and a whole lotta food! It's cheaper to fill em up with food rather than that gold plated milk powder that some of us broke the bank for LOL! but still.... around the 9-10 mark is the point where a lot of babies slow down the boobie or bottle and up the spoon feedings. Also, research what you are feeding baby, becasue there are so many ways of doing the right thing, but you should only pick one that you can stick with, so to make sure he gets a balanced diet!

Good luck!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Charmain......... A Wife, Mother, and Leader

Mama_Dev
by on Dec. 3, 2008 at 2:45 PM

Thanks to you, too!  =)

renee3218
by on Dec. 3, 2008 at 2:47 PM

My DD is only 6 months old, but she only eats 3 times a day also(for about the last month & a half). I try to feed her an extra bottle sometimes during the day but she will only eat like 2oz of it. I asked her dr about it & he said she is gaining weight just fine so if thats all she wants then it is ok.

qtmamacanada
by on Dec. 3, 2008 at 3:33 PM

Hi! My son just turned 9 months and is I think a pretty big boy for being 7 weeks early. He is about 30 inches and about 22lbs.  He has about 4-5 8 ounce bottles of formula a day, and cereal in the morning,or mid morning, and probably about 3- 4 jars of food a day.I try to vary the food like he'll have a meat/veggie jar then a desert for dinner and a veggie and desert for lunch, try to give as much variety as i can.  Today though, he didn't want any veggies for lunch and I also tried him with overcooked noodles he didn't seem to like them though!  Do you find your babies starting to get picky at this time also?

Teresafeeding baby

Mama_Dev
by on Dec. 4, 2008 at 2:52 AM

I sure do (find that he's picky)!  We tried a biter biscuit today & it seems that he thinks his 8 teeth are just for show!  He'll just get a really confused look on his face when he has small pieces of food in his mouth.  LIke..."What am I supposed to do with this?"  LOL  He's a trip & a half.  Some of the Gerber Stage 3 foods have pretty sizeable chunks in it & it proves to be too much for him.  He'll gag, gasp, & give me a heart attack & so I'll just scoop it out of his mouth.  What fun!  =)

Quoting qtmamacanada:

Hi! My son just turned 9 months and is I think a pretty big boy for being 7 weeks early. He is about 30 inches and about 22lbs.  He has about 4-5 8 ounce bottles of formula a day, and cereal in the morning,or mid morning, and probably about 3- 4 jars of food a day.I try to vary the food like he'll have a meat/veggie jar then a desert for dinner and a veggie and desert for lunch, try to give as much variety as i can.  Today though, he didn't want any veggies for lunch and I also tried him with overcooked noodles he didn't seem to like them though!  Do you find your babies starting to get picky at this time also?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)