Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DD bedtime drama!!!!

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2008 at 2:39 PM
  • 2 Replies

My dd is 6 and a half months old.  The day before Thanksgiving we moved her crib from our room to her own room.  Shes is a really light sleeper and her daddy is a noisy sleeper.  Makes for disaster when you mix the two... lol.  Anyway she did great!!! Wayyyyy better than i expected.  Only woke up 2 times.  The first time was to make sure someone was still around.  The next time was for a bottle.   She did just as good the next night.  And the next.  Then trouble hit!!!!  For the past 3 nights its taken me 2 HOURS to get her to sleep!!  And then shes up 4-6 times during the night!!! Usually, i put her to bed drousy and she drifts off on her own, no trouble.  And shes NEVER been up this much at night.... not even when she was itty bitty!!!  What  can i do???

by on Dec. 1, 2008 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Danesmommy1
by on Dec. 1, 2008 at 4:10 PM

My son will be 9 months in a few days and his daddy says it's time to let him Cry It Out.  Dane's up at least twice a night.  He's not hungry, he just wants to be reswaddled and reassured that I'm there.  (Yes, he's 9 months old and still is swaddled, lol!  It's the only way he'll go to sleep!)  Usually the 2nd time he wakes up, I just bring him to bed with me.  I'm just so exhausted at 3 or 4 in th morning and I guess it's the lazy thing to do.

It strange, I'm not anti CIO in general.  I just don't have the heart to make my baby do it.  I know babies need to learn to self soothe, I know it won't hurt him to cry a bit, but I just can't do it!!

Maybe it's time for your LO to CIO too??

Elke

Hallmomma
by on Dec. 2, 2008 at 1:42 PM

Is she eating enough before bed?  Babies do go through a growth spurt and sometimes will start waking up again to eat.  Some babies will go in and out of sleeping schedules.  Is she eating when she wakes up at night?  Can you put some sort of white noise in her bedroom to help her sleep?  The other thing I would look into is teething.  Out of all 3 of my kids, only one has slept through the night starting at 6 weeks old.  My 3rd just started at 13 months and sometimes still wakes up.  It may just be a phase to work through.....if she is just in need of a rocking when she wakes up, then you may be able to let her fuss for a bit and she may go back to sleep. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)