Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

leaving your Lo over night?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2008 at 11:49 AM
  • 6 Replies

So last night was the first night i let my daughter spend the night anywhere.. it was sad i was almost in tears as i left her and then i have been up almost all night... and i cant wait to her this is so hard lol i know it gets easier as they grow up but still for right now.... but my question is  do you remember the first time you left your LO over night somewhere? how did you handle it?

by on Dec. 3, 2008 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
aarkat
by on Dec. 3, 2008 at 11:57 AM

I don't think I'm ready yet, and my son will be 4 in two weeks!

MommyofTwo719
by on Dec. 3, 2008 at 11:59 AM

i left my older son with my parents for the first time overnight when he was about... 4 months old. DH and i went to a hotel in atlantic city for the night for his bday. i was so excited to be out of the house i really didnt think twice about it... my son was already sleeping 12 hours a night so i didnt miss much, maybe 3 or 4 hours of him being awake. didnt bother me at all!

now that he;s older i think it would bother me more... when i hear his little voice call "mommy!" ... ahhhh. if i left him i think i'd feel guilty if he called me and i wasnt there.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
http://aimsterella.blogspot.com/
LavenderMom23
by Member on Dec. 3, 2008 at 12:05 PM

The first spend the night was with my parents. I was so so worried. It was then that I realized just how much can go wrong in just one night and made me appriciate every waking moment with my dd. 4 years later, I still do!

KelseyNovy87
by on Dec. 3, 2008 at 12:49 PM

wow i know this is going to make me sound like a bad mother....but since ds was about 2 mos old, i LOVE when i can find just a few hours to get a sitter and be by myself. i stay home with my 14 month old ds all day, and by the end of the day i'm just so stressed and ready for a break.

this weekend, hubby has to go out of town, and i'm shipping ds off to my mom's so i can have the weekend to myself. i can't wait!

dionne1470
by on Dec. 3, 2008 at 12:53 PM

My DS is 15 months old and has never spent the night away from me, the only person who I would be comfortable leaving him with is my mother -and she has rheumatoid arthritis and he would be too much for her, so he will be with me.

TOMUCH_2FAST
by on Dec. 3, 2008 at 3:53 PM

It doesn't make you sound like a bad mother maybe you just have more going on in your life then i do my SO loved it last night

Quoting KelseyNovy87:

wow i know this is going to make me sound like a bad mother....but since ds was about 2 mos old, i LOVE when i can find just a few hours to get a sitter and be by myself. i stay home with my 14 month old ds all day, and by the end of the day i'm just so stressed and ready for a break.

this weekend, hubby has to go out of town, and i'm shipping ds off to my mom's so i can have the weekend to myself. i can't wait!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)