Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Tummy Time?????

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2008 at 4:22 PM
  • 13 Replies

My daughter is 12 weeks old, Dr. said she should have about 15 minutes of "tummy time" 3 times a day.. Problem is SHE HATES IT! She can not stand being on her tummy.. What is up with that? THis is my 4th baby so i know what i am doing and she wants nothing to do with tummy time!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!

by on Dec. 3, 2008 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
joyfullem
by on Dec. 3, 2008 at 4:28 PM

your other children like tummy time!? All the babies I know hated it at least for a while.  You can puton of those floor mats that have the pretty colors mirrors andlights but other than that i dont know

ARMY WIFE?  COME AND JOIN OUR GROUP!!!!

lilmomma4
by on Dec. 3, 2008 at 4:41 PM

My son who is 4mths also hates tummy time. He tried it for a little while yesterday only because he rolled there himself to grab his linky-doos he dropped playing on his back. But, then he ended up hitting them out of his reach in like 5 minutes and started fussing.

www.myspace.com/onelilmomma4

bensmom22
by on Dec. 3, 2008 at 4:45 PM

Lay in the floor and put her on your chest or lay a mirror in front of her. Or get on your tummy too and play with her.

jenerica
by on Dec. 3, 2008 at 5:15 PM

Some kids just hate it...my dd sure did.  I just kept trying and she eventually started to enjoy it.

youngmom33
by on Dec. 3, 2008 at 5:18 PM

use a boppy or pillow to kindof prop her up on her tummy for a while until she is used to it. But you need to stay by her if you use the pillows. My son was the same way and i gradullay stopped using the pillows. He still getts mad after about 5 min so we have to do several short sessions of tummy time. But he is already starting to sit up w/ help

Angiefromindy
by on Dec. 3, 2008 at 6:17 PM

I have tried the boppy, she just gives up.. she just throws her little head down and kicks those lil legs i have tried everything, i get on the floor and put my head right next to hers, i have had my other daugherts get down there and talk to her, i have tried the mats, last night she was laying on my bed while i was changing so i just put her on her belly and she actually layed there, she was not kicking or 'grunting" she was just chilling out, not holding her head up though, she holds it up fine all other times, anyways,.. she layed there for a few and then started to kick so i picked her up, and i was like hmm i had never layed her on her belly befor on my bed, or anything for that matter other then a mat or blankie on the floor so i thought YES! I Figured it out, she does not like it because the floor is so hard, well when dh got home i thought i would show him what i thought i dicovered and yea...she was not having that at all! So i dont know what else is going on, and her Dr. acts like this is very imporant! i just dont know..

Quoting youngmom33:

use a boppy or pillow to kindof prop her up on her tummy for a while until she is used to it. But you need to stay by her if you use the pillows. My son was the same way and i gradullay stopped using the pillows. He still getts mad after about 5 min so we have to do several short sessions of tummy time. But he is already starting to sit up w/ help

Zavinsmama25
by on Dec. 3, 2008 at 8:47 PM

My baby is 7 months and he hates tummy time. He liked it for about 2-3 months after that and he wanted to do was sit up. He doesn't even want to crawl cuz he hates being on his stomach. So he tries to walk. Lol. Good Luck!!

beanerbecky
by on Dec. 3, 2008 at 9:00 PM

Have you tried laying on your back and putting her on your tummy for tummy time? 15 minutes is a long time. My dd couldn't stand it for more than 5 to 10 minutes until she got older and could turn in circles. I used to put her down often but just for a few minutes at a time.

newmom2be08
by on Dec. 4, 2008 at 1:23 AM

Oops...we didn't do that much tummy time with our son because he hated it too.  You would be surprised to find out what they will just learn on their own.  One day I put him on the floor and he held his head up like a proud rooster!  I hadn't even worked with him and the same goes for rolling over.  He learned that on his own.  He was a very difficult child to take care of for the first 4-5 months (we didn't even take him out of the house that much because he would scream from overstimulation), so I was busy just trying to get him to sleep on his own, take naps, and just be content.   Just try to do it even once a day...even a little bit helps! 

robinbrooke26
by on Dec. 5, 2008 at 1:06 PM

My daughter hated it until she was able to roll over.  We just did a little each day and tried to increase the time. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN