Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

teething

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2008 at 11:43 PM
  • 6 Replies
About a month ago my DD started gnawing on everything and drooling like a fool! Then one day it just stopped and we could see that she had two teeth buds, well yesterday she started drooling and gnawing again and sure enough the tooth is almost down!!!! Today she has been VERY fussy, she has an excuse and I was able to calm her most of the time. Now she won't sleep she just keeps crying, I've tried Baby Orajel, and Tylenol and they don't seem to help her at all. I feel so bad for her. Also, it's her eye tooth!!! I've always heard that baby's get their bottom front teeth first! So my question is which tooth did your babies get first and what did you do to help them cope with the pain? Thank you!

Also, she is 3 1/2 months old.
by on Dec. 3, 2008 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
SRLPrincess1067
by on Dec. 4, 2008 at 12:20 AM

Hyland's teething tablets.

They are homeopathic and you can get them in the baby aisle of Walmart or whatever usually. They also have them at health food stores if you can't find them. They worked wonders on my baby! If the teething is REALLY bad you give them 4 of the itty bitty ones and that usually does if for Serena who is breaking molars right now. If your child happens to eat a whole bottle of them by accident, the poison control center says it won't hurt them. It takes 4 bottles to cause harm... kinda cool!

Also, try a frozen washcloth for the baby to chew on. That numbs the gums like an icepack does.

Babies can get whatever teeth whenever. The two bottoms are just  guidelines for parents to look for them. FYI.

Hope this helps!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Charmain......... A Wife, Mother, and Leader

keykey989
by on Dec. 4, 2008 at 12:21 PM
Quoting SRLPrincess1067:

They are homeopathic and you can get them in the baby aisle of Walmart or whatever usually. They also have them at health food stores if you can't find them. They worked wonders on my baby! If the teething is REALLY bad you give them 4 of the itty bitty ones and that usually does if for Serena who is breaking molars right now. If your child happens to eat a whole bottle of them by accident, the poison control center says it won't hurt them. It takes 4 bottles to cause harm... kinda cool!

Also, try a frozen washcloth for the baby to chew on. That numbs the gums like an icepack does.

Babies can get whatever teeth whenever. The two bottoms are just  guidelines for parents to look for them. FYI.

Hope this helps!

Thank you SO much!
latestarter
by on Dec. 4, 2008 at 2:53 PM

The Hyland's gel works as well!  It's the only thing that calmed my son.  He started with his two bottoms but the next time cut 6...that's right 6 at once(4 top 2 bottoms)!  It is an amazing product!  Good luck!

Quoting SRLPrincess1067:

Hope this helps!

nitalynn78
by on Dec. 6, 2008 at 1:20 AM

Both my daughter, now 4, and son, now 1, got their bottom two front teeth first.  I used baby oragel and tylenol on both and it did work in cutting the pain.  They were fussy, don't get me wrong, I think they're going to have to deal with certain amount of pain or discomfort due to the process.  Best wishes to you and your little one~♥~

CAarmywife
by on Dec. 6, 2008 at 1:24 AM

i would give my daughter a wet washcloth to suck on. never went anywhere without it. we did the orajel and tylenol and she was hardly fussy. i would also rub her gums to try to help relieve the pain.

Danesmommy1
by on Dec. 6, 2008 at 7:26 AM

My son is teething too.  Like the PPs, I recommend Hyland's.  They've worked great for us.

Elke

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)