Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Help!

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2008 at 3:08 PM
  • 5 Replies

Poll

Question: How did you deal with your child biting and/or pulling your hair?

Options:

Never had the problem

grin and bear it

lightly smack the hand

tell her/him to stop everytime she/he did it

put the child down and walk away

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 17

View Results

My son, Noah, is 10 months old.  He started getting teeth at 3 months old and, now, has 4 tops and 4 bottoms which he uses to bite everything he can get in his mouth!  This includes me and my husband!  He has left tooth marks on several occassions and if you say anything to him he laughs.  I don't know how to "break him" of this painful habit!  Not only is he biting but he is pulling my hair out of my head. If I say anything...laughs.  What can you do?

He's obviously too young to understand what I am saying to him...but I am getting "beat up" daily.  I'm starting to wonder if I can handle being a parent.  Please, if anyone knows how to end this, help!  Thanks in advance!

by on Dec. 4, 2008 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
beanerbecky
by on Dec. 4, 2008 at 3:19 PM

OMG It sounds like we have the same baby! My dd is the same age and she has been pulling my hair since she has been able to grab it. I tell her no and lately she has been doing it a lot less. Although yesterday she ripped a chunk out. I usually tell her no when she bites too but then a couple days ago I started to think she's doing it for attention. So now I am going to try not doing anything when she bites to see if that helps. It's hard not to yelp in pain though.

mamalisa0217
by on Dec. 4, 2008 at 3:40 PM

ok i know he is still too young to really comprehend what we say to them all the time but "actions speak louder then words". so b/c of his age i would try to find/ buy something that he can use for biting(little blanket that has a stuffed animal on it or a soft ball that he can carry around) and when he bites just gently say no and then take the blanket or whatever and actually bite on it and he may eventually start using that object and when he gets older and bites other people that is when you have to be sterner and make him sit on the couch or something for a minute. that is just my opiniion- take or leave it-lol! about the pulling your hair- idk just grab his before he even gets your hair and say "no no-play nice."

Danesmommy1
by on Dec. 4, 2008 at 5:14 PM

Consistantly say NO!  Over and over and over again, lol!  My LO does this and I just keep on removing his hand from my hair saying NO every time.  He'll get it eventually!

Elke

MicahBoo07
by on Dec. 4, 2008 at 6:59 PM

My son is 19 months & he just started biting. He does it if he is mad or if he is happy. He thinks it is funny I guess. I tell him to stop it and then put him down off me. I have just started time outs. One minute sitting still.

jonellg
by on Dec. 4, 2008 at 10:25 PM

When my dd pulled my hair, I pulled hers. Not very hard put by the third time she stopped doing it. Same with biting, sounds mean but it works like a charm. Just be gentle.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN