Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

How Long? TMI

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2008 at 8:09 PM
  • 3 Replies

Was your first period after having a baby I finally got mine about 4 months post pardum but it seems like it is going on FOREVER I have already had it for a week and regualrly before I got pregnant it only lasted about 3-5 days and what weird is I have no pain at all and its all bright red blood the entire time is this normal or should I go to a doc?

by on Dec. 4, 2008 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mommyjenn25
by on Dec. 4, 2008 at 8:13 PM

Mine lasted a long time and was EXTRA heavy.

wirelessbubbles
by on Dec. 4, 2008 at 8:19 PM

Since you've missed over a year's worth of periods, it's going to be really long and heavy. Completely normal. It can last up to 6 weeks.

Photobucket

saralouise
by on Dec. 4, 2008 at 8:39 PM

I've never heard of that. but to the OP if it lasts longer than about 10 days, you should call a doc. also if you start birth control (depending on the kind) that can help you regulate. bc such as the pill or nuva ring or patch. IUDs can often make them go away completely or spot randomly. I haven't started a period yet, my youngest baby is 11.5 weeks. mine have never lasted longer than 7 days after having a child.

Quoting wirelessbubbles:

Since you've missed over a year's worth of periods, it's going to be really long and heavy. Completely normal. It can last up to 6 weeks.

I don't judge you for doing it, it's just not for us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)