Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help my poor little one......any help at all.

Posted by   + Show Post

My son Riley (5 months) came down with a virus that caused a rash, fever & now he keeps going #2 at least 6-7 times a day. Its to the point that I will change him and 20 minutes later there is more in his diaper. 

Well.. now the fever & the rash is gone and he feel better. but now he still is going #2...needless to say my poor baby has a horrible rash and he literally loses his breath and screams and just fings his arm & legs in pain. I cry every time I have to change him. I have 2 creams for him that the Hospital prescribed at birth in the NIC Unit, but never needed it. He has never had a rash before..... Any ideas what to do to one help him stop going #2 so much and help clearing the rash or if anything any ideas on how to clean him up without hurting him so badly???????????

by on Dec. 5, 2008 at 4:25 PM
Replies (11-14):
kachinav4
by on Dec. 6, 2008 at 7:38 AM

DO not change his diet he is only 5 months old and at th emost he should be having baby formula....DO NOT GIVE HIM DAIRY, his little stomach might not be able to handle it and instead of making it better it could make it worse. Lots of baths and put him on a blanket that u don't care if it gets poop on it and let him get air on his little bum. No more baby wipes until the rash is gone us wet soft baby face cloths or other cloths. Cornstarch will help as well, but the best thing is to keep it clean and le tthe air get to it often.

Hallmomma
by on Dec. 6, 2008 at 12:03 PM

Did you call the doctor?  Chances are it sounds like roseola...I would try some rice cereal, but if he has never had anything other than formula, then just stick to the formula.  Let him air out and take some baths with baking soda in it. 

JennMood
by on Dec. 6, 2008 at 6:39 PM
Quoting kachinav4:

DO not change his diet he is only 5 months old and at th emost he should be having baby formula....DO NOT GIVE HIM DAIRY, his little stomach might not be able to handle it and instead of making it better it could make it worse. Lots of baths and put him on a blanket that u don't care if it gets poop on it and let him get air on his little bum. No more baby wipes until the rash is gone us wet soft baby face cloths or other cloths. Cornstarch will help as well, but the best thing is to keep it clean and le tthe air get to it often.

corn starch always worked best for me. good luck
MommyofTwo719
by on Dec. 6, 2008 at 8:57 PM

vaseline does wonders for diaper rash!!!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
http://aimsterella.blogspot.com/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)