Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

9 1/2 month old's diarrhea

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2008 at 12:32 PM
  • 2 Replies

My 9 1/2 month old son has had diarrhea for 10 days now. It is not going away and it is not getting any better. He does not act sick other than some strange coughing, but that is mostly at night. I took him to the dr on Thursday and he wanted a stool sample. I wont get the results back on that until Monday. He thinks it is rotavirus. I was told there is nothing that can be done about it... not even to treat the symptoms... such as the diarrhea. The only thing I can do is to make sure he stays hydrated. I mean... there has to be something to help this little fellow. Luckily he doesnt have a diaper rash yet. I hope he doesnt get one but it seems as though it is likely to happen. I have tried the BRAT diet and the Probiotic diet and the cheeses and nothing is working. I guess that I will just have to wait it out.

frustrated

by on Dec. 6, 2008 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Adoniasmommy
by on Dec. 6, 2008 at 12:37 PM

Did you go to the doctors? Try Bananas... That worked for my dd... She got it when she was teething

CrystalDawn2506
by on Dec. 6, 2008 at 12:53 PM

Pedialyte is good to help restore fluids lost so that might help with that . I hope your LO gets better soon !!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)