Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Diaper choice

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2008 at 8:21 AM
  • 21 Replies

Poll

Question: What diapers do you use?

Options:

Pampers

Huggies

G Diapers

7th Generation

Store brand

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 57

View Results

I have recntly learned about G Diapers through a marketing class I am taking, so I am wondering how many moms on cafe mom use them and if not what they are using.

by on Dec. 12, 2008 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hallmomma
by on Dec. 12, 2008 at 8:49 AM

I use cloth diapers....and then I use Luvs when I need disposables for my oldest or at night...Also, sometimes I get huggies for a newborn and I like BabiesRUs brand

SamanthaAgain
by on Dec. 12, 2008 at 9:25 AM

Cloth here as well.

My2thBlinkie.gif

charmelin
by on Dec. 12, 2008 at 9:26 AM

I use huggies but was considering switching to g diapers or prefolds.

Danesmommy1
by on Dec. 12, 2008 at 9:27 AM

We huge fans of Huggies.  Pampers feels to plasticky to me and we had a horrible experience with the Wal-Mart brand diapers. 

Elke

SRLPrincess1067
by on Dec. 12, 2008 at 1:20 PM

What the heck are G Diapers?????

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Charmain......... A Wife, Mother, and Leader

SamanthaAgain
by on Dec. 12, 2008 at 1:23 PM

www.gdiapers.com  It's a cloth/disposable hybrid.  There are disposable liners that fit inside a washable cover, the the liners are completely biodegradable, and even flushable.  Very expensive though.

Quoting SRLPrincess1067:

What the heck are G Diapers?????

My2thBlinkie.gif

perfectmom20
by on Dec. 12, 2008 at 1:24 PM

G DIAPERS are too expensive for me, so i use huggies.

*These are awesome PICTURE EDITING groups! So if that's your hobby or you wanna learn how to EDIT. CLICK MY BANNERS!!!*

Mom2Dano
by on Dec. 12, 2008 at 1:25 PM

I use Luvs. I've used them since my son was born and I love them. They're good diapers and not very exsensive.

KarlaA
by on Dec. 12, 2008 at 1:39 PM

I use huggies on my son but those g diapers seem like a great idea. Since he is potty training an practically out of diapers I guess I 'll have to wait for me to have another baby like in 3 yrs.lol but maybe by then they will be cheaper because they DO seem very expensive!!lol

mum2gr8byz
by on Dec. 12, 2008 at 2:16 PM

we tried the g-diapers for a while, but we were not very happy with them.  The idea is GREAT!  but they leaked all the time.  The outer diaper is cloth, then there is a plastic inner-lining and then a biodegradable disposable pad that slips into the plastic liner.  The problem was every time the kids wet, it leaked out of the plastic liner onto the cloth outer diaper! So I was having to wash the outer diaper after every diaper change...so if I am going to go through all the effort...why not just use cloth diapers!?! :) There is a number on the diaper package you can call to get advice on proper fit and leak prevention...I called, but we continued to have leak issues. 

In the end I switched to 7th generation.  They are chlorine-free, fragrance free and latex free.  The only problem is they are disposable :(  BUT since they are made from woodpulp fluff, at least they are slightly more biodegradable then standard disposables.

A friend of mine used the g--diapers for a while and liked them.  She didn't have as many leak problems as we did (her kids are chubbier, so perhaps that helped the diapers fit more snuggly?)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)