Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

crying baby driving me nuts

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2008 at 10:10 PM
  • 12 Replies

I have a 16 day old baby named Amy,  I love her to death, but her crying is driving my nuts, i have no idea what to do i feed her, change her, hold her, everything and still she cries, it's been getting harder the longer it goes on, my poor husband works two jobs, and still helps me with her when he gets home, but i don;t  like to wake him up during the night he has to go to work the next day all day, on his day off yes,,,,,,just she seems to be getting worse, i know it only a phase and it will pass the only this i can do is survive though it, crying and laughing though it all.

by on Dec. 12, 2008 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Purplzm0m
by on Dec. 12, 2008 at 10:27 PM

There were a few nights with my son that I laid him on my chest and we slept on the couch.  It was the only way I could get him to sleep some nights. luckily that was a short phase and we have made it to the point where he is only waking up once or twice.

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2008 at 10:33 PM

Try rocking her or snuggling on the couch with her with the hair dryer going right next to you.  Seriously, this is the only way we could calm my son and have him sleep for literally like 2 months.  Sometimes I would just pop DS in the swing with the hair dryer right next to him for 2 hours and he would sleep so well.  Also, do you think it could be gas?  Do you BF or FF.  If you FF, do you think it could be the formula?  Not all formula agrees with all baby's.  If you BF, it could just be gas.  Try bicycling her legs or pushing her legs up to her chest.

JOEJULA
by on Dec. 12, 2008 at 11:19 PM

It sounds like it might be gas. Give her some gas drops. IF that doesnt work and you are breastfeeding cute out all dairy products. If she is on formula  try GOOD start easy comfert proteins. It is so much easier for their tummies. As soon as we put my daughter on this she quit crying.

pregnancy calendar
tigerlily08
by on Dec. 12, 2008 at 11:58 PM

I would talk to her doctor but it sounds like colic.

snoober_k
by on Dec. 13, 2008 at 12:00 AM

ugh i know how bad it sucks. there is no advice b/c nothing is gonna stop it, but if you cant handle it anymore just let her cry it out in the crib while you reclaim yourself.

starfilled
by on Dec. 13, 2008 at 12:00 AM

3 hrs, 3 days or longer... sounds like colic, DS#2 had it and it was a nightmare for me :-(  I thought there was NOTHING I could do to soothe him.  The good news is, it passes... Hang in there!

Quoting tigerlily08:

I would talk to her doctor but it sounds like colic.

starfilled
by on Dec. 13, 2008 at 12:01 AM

Oh yeah, the Ss:

Swaddle,

Shoosh

I forget the rest, but look up the S's to soothe a baby and you'll find it.

Danesmommy1
by on Dec. 13, 2008 at 9:53 AM

Try swaddling her.  It was a lifesaver for us.  They're used to be all snug and warm in your belly and swaddling recreates that feeling a bit.  Also try white noise, again it's kind of like the background noise she got while in your tummy.  My boy also was really comforted by sucking, so I gave him a pacifer. 

Elke

elizabg
by Member on Dec. 13, 2008 at 11:54 AM

If you are feeding her formula it may not be agreeing with her.  I have heard that this happens with breastfeed babies as well but FF all three of my kids.  If you feed her a bottle and she still seems hungry or cries and seems hungry a short time later I would change formulas.  Both my boys were on Enfamil Lipil.  My daughter started out on Similac and has never had a problem.  They also sell Gas drops that you can try.  They help her get gas out of her tummy either by burping or farting.  Also try the swaddling.  All my kids slept in their swings for the first month home from the hospital.  They loved the motion. 

angie-mom-of-3
by on Dec. 13, 2008 at 12:01 PM

Maybe rock her and hum to her, Even if she still crys try to hum over her so maybe she can eventually hear you and not herself and then she might concentrate and on you. And maybe she might take a nap. Good luck i hope it works.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)