Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Do you think it's gross....

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2008 at 2:20 PM
  • 18 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you think it's gross to wash your childs sippy cups in the dishwasher?

Options:

No - I do it

Yes - I would never do it

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 70

View Results

to wash your childs sippy cups in the dish washer?  My grandma told me that it was nasty that I was washing my DD's cups in there....

Photobucket
Photobucket
by on Dec. 13, 2008 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LavenderMom23
by Member on Dec. 13, 2008 at 2:24 PM

I'm really having a hard time seeing what is so 'gross' about it...sippy cups are dishes too.

marymommy112406
by on Dec. 13, 2008 at 2:31 PM

yea why i it gross i wish i had a dishwasher

lilSouthernMom2
by on Dec. 13, 2008 at 2:36 PM

yeah, whats so gross about it? does she was the cups u drink out of in the dishwasher?

Quoting LavenderMom23:

I'm really having a hard time seeing what is so 'gross' about it...sippy cups are dishes too.

Photobucket

im a unvaxed,married,christian,exclusively breastfeeding, prolife,nonvaxing,all natural bradley method VBAC,southern Louisiana momma of 2--owner of prolife activist and pregnant in louisiana groups--

rlemde
by on Dec. 13, 2008 at 2:36 PM

I voted no, but I don't have a dishwasher. If I did I would put them in there. As long as it's working properly and the rinse is hot why not. Why is it gross? B/c she saw that Jet Dry commercial? Advertisements....

Cissyhill
by on Dec. 13, 2008 at 2:37 PM

I dont get it.  Gross because of kid germs on the other dishes or gross because of other germs on the kids cups?  It's more sanitary than washing them in the sink I think...

stacymomof2
by on Dec. 13, 2008 at 2:53 PM

Dishwashers sanitize much better than hand-washing!  Where is she coming from on this?  What is the gross part?

AshleyRiv
by on Dec. 13, 2008 at 3:16 PM

There wasn't really a specified reason for it....I think maybe because she's hand washed dishes for like 77 years....maybe thats why...IDK

Photobucket
Photobucket
ashybaby87
by Member on Dec. 13, 2008 at 3:31 PM

thats where i wash my daughters sippy cups

Click here to learn more

Danesmommy1
by on Dec. 13, 2008 at 4:26 PM

I didn't vote, because I don't do it.  I don't think it's gross, but I hand wash all of Dane's bottles and sippys. 

Elke

stacymomof2
by on Dec. 13, 2008 at 4:31 PM

Yeah, maybe!  If she is a little old fashioned she might not know how well dishwashers work.  Just tell her you do them by hand!  ; )

Quoting AshleyRiv:

There wasn't really a specified reason for it....I think maybe because she's hand washed dishes for like 77 years....maybe thats why...IDK

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)