Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My friend recently had a little girl a week ago and we were talking about formula and which one she should get, I am also due in about 7 weeks with a girl. I used to work at a pediatric office and got all my formula free for my son but she was wondering if you can give your newborn the 'generic' brand of formula. The ingredients seems the same but I was thinking about it and wonered if it wasn't a name brand if there was less nutrients. But it's SO much cheaper. Does/Has anyone used generic formula or know why not to use it?

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:05 AM
Replies (11-13):
CrystalDawn2506
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 6:25 PM

Generic is fine they basicly have the same ingredients and tell you which of the store brands is like what name brands so that you can get the right type that you need. Parents Choice is good . I always got that brand if I ran out of my DD's normal brand when she was an infant.

Ziggy.Stardust
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 6:27 PM

I used Enfamil at first and then I switched to Parent's Choice because it is way cheaper and the doctor said it was the same as the name brand and my DD did fine on it.

Hallmomma
by on Dec. 19, 2008 at 2:00 PM

I use generic with all my kids.  I go through what I get from the hospital...and then I make a switch to generic.  Sometimes I have to go to another generic if the one I choose doesnt work well, but I never buy name brand formula.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)