Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Washing Stuffed Animals

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:00 AM
  • 9 Replies

My son received a 2-3' plush horse last year for Christmas. Well Last night in the middle of the night our Christmas Tree fell over. The horse was right in front of the tree and soaked up most of the water. The tree water had sugar in it. I can't find any washing instructions on it and want to wash it so it doesn't get ruined and smelly. I also have some others of his that I need to wash as well. Anyone have any suggestions as to what to do?

Thanks!

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Danesmommy1
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:21 AM

i've always just thrown my son's stuffed animals in the washing machine.  I don't know what to do with something so big it won't fit in the machine though...  Here's a BUMP and I hope you get some good advice.

Elke

pirate_wife
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:24 AM

do you know someone with a carpet cleaner? would that work? use the hose attatchment?

*bump*

Carey2006
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:02 PM

When I wash my child's stuff animals...I usually place them in a BIG pillow case, tie a knot at the end of the case and wash in a gentle cycle. If you are worried about colors running....wash in COLD water. And dry in LOW heat.

lilmomma4
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 6:41 PM

I do this too. If the animal is too big I would just try to wipe it or rinse it out in the bath tub and let it air dry.....which might take awhile, but that's all I have.

Quoting Carey2006:

When I wash my child's stuff animals...I usually place them in a BIG pillow case, tie a knot at the end of the case and wash in a gentle cycle. If you are worried about colors running....wash in COLD water. And dry in LOW heat.

www.myspace.com/onelilmomma4

Ms64
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 6:57 PM

I throw my daughters' in the washing machine but I don't dry it i hang it to dry because then the insides get all messed up.......if i do dry them i throw tennis balls in the dryer with them.

momameea
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 2:36 PM

i have washed stuffed animals for years. and dry them in the dryer too. i have even washed ones with music boxes in them and they've come out fine and still work. the only one i've ever ruined was a big cookie monster that i forgot and left in the dryer too long and one of the plastic eyes swelled up. looked really funny but other than that i've never lost one. i figure if i can't wash it then they can't play with it so if it dies in the washer at least i tried. lol

NYCITYGIRL73
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 2:38 PM

I WASH THEM IN A PILLOW CASE

SRLPrincess1067
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 2:49 PM

With something so big I would take it to a laundry mat and use one of the really big washing machines on a delicate cycle. Same with the dryer..... as low as possible!!! Good luck!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Charmain......... A Wife, Mother, and Leader

Jazzabell69
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 6:32 PM

It actually fit in the washer here at home. I put it in a pillow case and it came out just fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)