Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

what to do? what to do?

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 12:33 PM
  • 13 Replies

this is our first family christmas! i love triditions and i want to start a bunch of new ones for my new family! what do you ladies do with your familys for christmas? my dd is only 2 months old but i want to start them now so that i can tell her about them when she gets older! plus think of the cute photos i can get out of this! so what do you think are some good triditions to start with my family?

baby 1stholidayholding ornaments

by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ARIKA1127
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 12:56 PM

i would give you an idea but im trying to figure one out myself too

BrandonsWifey08
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 1:01 PM

Something we do is we pick as a family one special ornament a year that goes on the tree with the bulbs and regular ones.

* Something we want to start when they are older but we do it with  my extended family is everyone's name goes in a hat and you pick a name and that person that you got is who's stocking you fill. Its just something cute and silly and makes things personal.

* And something Ive done since i was a baby is every Christmas morning before we open presents or anything we make real orange juice and cinnamon rolls because they are our favorite.

so, just somethings my family does. Have a merry Christmas.

lilysmom31
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 1:01 PM

We take an annual photo at home in front of our christmas tree.  We will take it every Jan 1st.  Also, we are starting a game night at home... Lily is too young right now but we do it anyway.  We are trying to think of others too.

A craft idea:  I took Lily's shoes and a shadow box... I glued scrapbook paper onto the back of the frame, glued her first shoes onto the paper with flowers and other decorations... then put it all in the shadowbox and hung on the wall.  Its a great keepsake!

KaleysMama
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 1:22 PM

Someone told me she buys herself and familiy new pajamas and they open them on xmas eve then wear them to bed. I thought it was a cute idea and wanted to do that too but DH didn't think it was so cute (I wanted to get matching pj's for all of us! :p)

Emily

IzzyBeths-mommy
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 1:25 PM

thanks thoese sound great!

thank you

SRLPrincess1067
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 1:29 PM

We used to make pumpkin pancakes for Christmas morning. Christmas eve we all go to Midnight Mass at a Catholic church. I am not Catholic, but my family is.... if you want an amazing experience, go to one. They usually start at 10pm so the kids stay up late and don't get to bed until like 12 or 1 and SLEEP IN on Christmas......... YAY!

We also play a game with Christmas gifts by drawing numbers and picking from the center. Like a white elephant.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Charmain......... A Wife, Mother, and Leader

Kell913
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 1:32 PM

I get everyone new jammies we open xmas eve, then we open presents xmas morning. Our big thing. is we just have fun and play with everything. DOn't worry about anything else. It might not sound like much . But we don't have alot of family time espeically with daddy cause he works so much.

1sttimemommy502
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 8:19 PM

I have no idea how long this tradition has been going on but every year everybody gets a new ornament for the tree. Me and my mom get the ornaments for my sister and her family. And that same sister gets the ornaments for me and my family. And my grandmother gets the ornaments for my parents and younger sister. In the end the children end up with a butt load of ornaments but it is nice b/c then when they branch out on their own they have all these ornaments to put on their tree and they can look at them and remember what a great childhood they had. I know it sounds corny but whatever that is what my family does.

baby 1stholiday

Kari3179
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:22 AM

We also do the new pajamas on Xmas eve and then wear them to bed plus they also each get a book w/their jammies so they have a book to read in bed that night.  Right now, they are little so I get them each a Xmas book w/Xmas jammies. 

searl731
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:43 PM

We do ornament exchange but just one to each family. We also do new Christmas themed pjs and story book. Mommy (me) makes cookies with the kidos and daddy help decorate them.  We put out cookies and milk for Santa and Carrots for the deer. Dad always tells the story Night before Christmas. On Christmas morning we open stockings then have breakfast oj and cinnamon rolls. Then we open presents and call extended family to wish a Merry Christmas and give thank-you's.

Susie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN