Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what to do? what to do?

this is our first family christmas! i love triditions and i want to start a bunch of new ones for my new family! what do you ladies do with your familys for christmas? my dd is only 2 months old but i want to start them now so that i can tell her about them when she gets older! plus think of the cute photos i can get out of this! so what do you think are some good triditions to start with my family?

baby 1stholidayholding ornaments

by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 12:33 PM
Replies (11-13):
sheenabrown
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 9:22 AM

Every year we get a new ornament for each of us in my family. The catch is that the ornament has to have something to do with something that went on that year for that person. For example, my oldest son started Kung Fu this year, so his new ornament is of a little boy doing Kung Fu.

We also have a neat tradition that I am very happy with. Santa brings the kids and Mommy and Daddy new pj's and puts them on the front porch with a note attatched saying that he was here to bring presents, but since we  were still awake he had to leave, but for all of us to put on our new pj's and go to bed, he would give us one more chance. It works like a charm to get my children to go to bed on Christmas Eve!!!!

One other tradition we have is: All the women in the family get together and make TONS of cookies and candy. We spend one entire day just before Christmas doing this, all the while we are singing and having fun.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

BRARAH
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 9:51 AM

On Christmas eve we set the nativity scene out... Our pastor and his wife bought each family a nativity that the kids can play with. Its a really neat thing it comes packaged in seperate numbered boxes 1-10.  There is a book with a game that you do. Everyone sits down and gets a box. It asks different questions about the birth of Jesus. And as they answer each question they open a box and put the figure in the manger. The last one is a mirror and the question is what does Jesus want for christmas? Its really cute to see the kids do this!

family carIN GOD WE TRUST

IzzyBeths-mommy
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 10:09 AM

well i was thinking of the pj thing but she is to young right now and i was going to do that when she got older, but i've never heard of the book idea! i love it though! i love the doorstep santa pjs thing! thats really cute i'll have to try that when izzy gets older! thank you for all the great ideas! they are great!

thank you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)