Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Christmas and a newborn...

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:19 PM
  • 8 Replies

I wanted to get our new baby things from "santa" because I have a 6 yr. old who still believes...but my youngest daughter is only 1 mon. old...should I just put the presents under the tree or should I wrap them...what do you guys think?

happily engaged Pictures, Images and Photos
Mommy to: Ana-01/11/2002 and Kaila 11/18/2008
Fiance to DR-08/14/2003
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LiviGracesmom
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:22 PM

That depends on the energy you have.  Your oldest will probably enjoy helping the baby open presents.  Whatever you get is really just for show anyway.  The only child "getting it" will be your oldest, but it will be fun non the less!

armywife43
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:26 PM

I think you should wrap them. your oldest would probly feel proud to help. I have a 4 month old and we're just getting her some clothes, since we have everything else already, and will have her big brother help her open the presents.

momtorussell
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 8:15 AM

We are getting our 8 month old a few things.  While we know he won't remember this specific event, we still want to start the foundation to good memories for this time of year, so we have bought him a couple of things such as an ornament (hallmark-starting a series), a cute child's bible, and a jumparoo.

mama03208706
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 8:17 AM

I would get her somethign simple like a rattle or a soft toy she might be able to play with soon, wrap it up and have your son help her open it since she's too little to do it on her own, That will get him involved with her Christmas without having him think Santa forgot her. Just an idea :)

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
pregnancy
Danesmommy1
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 9:34 AM

My son it 9 months and I'm wrapping his gifts.  I think he'll enjoy ripping the paper off more than the actual gift.  If I were you, I'd wrap them.  I think the older child would enjoy being a part of the wrapping. 

Elke

Megan711
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 9:37 AM

i went crazy this year and got my 5 month old a whole bunch of stuff he can use or will be able to use this year and a few toys.  I wrapped them all and they are sitting in my family room.  I have no other kids so its not like he is going to understand but I still wanted to make it seem like he knew "santa" came.  Its really up to you.  I think the older one will enjoy it   

baby 1stholiday  ~*~Happy Holidays~*~ wreath

AmberDR
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 9:37 AM

it depends. do you wrap them for the 6yr old? If so, then wrap the baby's gifts too. If Santa doesn't wrap presents at your house, then don't wrap the baby's gifts either.

stephmiester87
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 9:38 AM

im going to wrap my 4 month olds presents, he likes looking at new things so i figure why not

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)