Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Pampers diapers causing problems?

You know i didnt think about this till i just read someone elses post about pampers.... It seems that my daughter gets her yeast infections mostly just when i put her in pampers... Is it just me or is anyone else having problems with this brand?? I put her in pampers with her medicine cream and the yeast infection gets way way way way worse and i put her in huggies with her medicine cream and it atleast starts to get better.. weird... Im really starting not to trust pampers...

by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 8:46 PM
Replies (21-26):
graetz6
by on Dec. 20, 2008 at 10:55 AM

I HAVE ALWAYS USED PAMPERS UNTIL, NOW !! I SWORE BY THEM FOR MY 3 BOYS BUT, NOW MY DAUGHTER MUST BE ALLERGIC OR SOMETHING SO WE SWITCHED TO HUGGIES....WILL NEVER GO BACK I LOVE THEM!!! I HAVE SWITCHED MY 2 YR OLD TO HUGGIES TOO!!! MY DAUGHTER WAS GETTING BAD DIAPER RASH TOO AND AS SOON AS I GOT HUGGIES IT WENT AWAY AND HAS NOT COME BACK!!!

mom0223
by on Dec. 20, 2008 at 10:58 AM

My oldest could only wear Huggies.  Everyhting else broke him out.  Even Pampers.  They really bothered him.  My youngest can't wear Huggies.  They break him out.  These diapers gave him a really bad rash and it was horrible.  I now use the Wal-Mart brand diapers and they work great for him.  I don't even want to try anything else on him. 

mom0223.gif picture by fooferann

angela5954
by on Dec. 20, 2008 at 11:02 AM

I used pampers for a while. My daughter started getting a SUPER BAD rash. There was also an area with raised edges that looked like ring worm. I tried prescription creams, every over the counter cream you can think of and everything made it worse! She had it for over a month poor girl! Finally I saw a diff doc and she told me that over the past year they had a hundres or so cases like this and every baby wore pampers. They treated half like ring worm and half like diaper rash before they figured out it was the diaper causing it. She said once they switched diapers they were fine. I switched my daughter to huggies and it cleared up within 2 days! My doc said some are still fine with pampers but more have problems with them.

JorlFox
by on Dec. 20, 2008 at 11:08 AM

Thats the same reason I stopped using Pampers. I didn't like the fact that my son was always getting that white powder all over down there. And it didn't matter how long he sat in the diaper too. But now I'm a believer in Huggies Gentle Care. I've switched to that and have never had another problem. My son hasn't had so much as a diaper rash *knock on wood* so I swear by Huggies...

Quoting frndlyfn:

I stopped using pampers after i saw every change dd would have a white powder crap all over her from the diaper. We use the local store brand now and she has done better.

I am a fatherless daughter who does not follow your Christian faith so please do not offer to pray for me who has a son who may never know who is father really is and for good reason I am a domestic violence survivor who has thought about suicide but saved by her best friend who has never been married but knows what real love is Who is a Certified Mental Case but has control of her life without medication I am pro-choice but could not kill a child who knows it is important to live in the now because tomorrow is promised to no one

stacy2607
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2008 at 11:10 AM

Same here..i have used Pampers Swaddlers since my baby boy Mason was born..(hes 2 months old today)thats what they used in the hospital and thats what i have stuck with..i used generics once because they were a gift and Huggies once cause my MIL bought them..both of those my son leaked out of..those are the only 2 times i have used anything besided Pampers Swaddlers..never again..im sticking with Pampers Swaddlers.

Quoting amandasdue1020:

Quoting loomis6:

i love pampers there the only diaper i use!

yes im with you on that! i love pampers i dont have a problem with them at all. i hate huggies! every time my son is in one it leaks. but not pampers.

Isaiahsmom92707
by on Dec. 21, 2008 at 10:02 AM

I hate pampers,...the gel comes out! If I use disposables I use huggies or foodlion brand (if you have a foodlion around you should should try em!) I switched to cloth when DS was 9 months or so? I still use sposies ocasionally but I wont ever go back to full time.

I'm a SAHM to 1 born 9/27/07 with another one the way due 8/12/09!, wife to Christopher, VBAC advocate, PRO natural birth, baby wearing, cloth diapering, pro breastfeeding Mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN