Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Question about the pill. (2nd period this month.)

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2008 at 8:45 PM
  • 6 Replies

so im on ortho novem 777 and ive been on it for about 3 weeks now.
but before i got put on the pill my gyno put me on another med. i think it was prevera to get my period started because i hadnt had one in about 2 months and i wasnt pregnant.
so i got my period finally and i took the first pill on the first sunday after it started like she told me too. and as usual my period lasted 5 days. but then about a week && 2 days ago [2 weeks after starting the pill] i get my period again. and at first it was a lite brownish spotting and i asked my mom if that was normal since she used to take ortho novem and she said it was. so after the brown spotting it became regular red blood. again i asked my mom about it and she told me that it will take a while for my period to regulate. but now its back to a darker lite brown and it really stinks. did this happen to you? or should i call my gyno and make an appointment about it?

by on Dec. 19, 2008 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
littlemeg03
by on Dec. 19, 2008 at 8:47 PM

bump im curious too

ARIKA1127
by on Dec. 19, 2008 at 8:48 PM

i dono b ut i have heard of tons i mean tons of my friends that have got preg on that birth control thats all i know about that. sorry im not help but thats all i know

BabyMama_4
by on Dec. 19, 2008 at 8:52 PM

Quoting ARIKA1127:

i dono b ut i have heard of tons i mean tons of my friends that have got preg on that birth control thats all i know about that. sorry im not help but thats all i know

ortho novem? oh..if thats true then im going on another one. i do not, DO NOT wanna get pregnant again. haha.

katythemm
by on Dec. 19, 2008 at 9:42 PM
Quoting ARIKA1127:

All BC pills are roughly 90-99% effective if used properly, but with typical use, as in forgetting one day to take it, or taking it late, they are about 75-85% effective. So maybe something about that brand made it hard to remember or whatever, but all BC is pretty much the same.
extremelibrary
by on Dec. 20, 2008 at 11:09 AM

This is why I'm not on bc. It messes up your body. Also, has too much side effects.

Extremelibrary

karleigh25
by on Dec. 20, 2008 at 11:53 AM

I kind of am having a similar experience.  I had my son on October 15th. Started my period on November 21st and then got the depo shot on the 26th. I bleed for almost  27 days straight.  My dr gave me a script for estrogen and I stopped bleeding.  However, 3 days later, I started my period again.

K

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN