Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why does he play with that?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2008 at 2:26 AM
  • 6 Replies

I have a baby boy, 8 months. He plays with his pee-pee. Is this normal for all boys to play with that? Is it like a discovery thing, or he is trying to figure out what it is? Can someone let me know what's happening.

~Calandra and De'Ronn~

by on Dec. 20, 2008 at 2:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
frndlyfn
by on Dec. 20, 2008 at 3:18 AM

Yes it is normal..... It is discovery of his body and will continue for rest of his life. When he gets older he will need to be taught to do it in the privacy of his room in case he decides to do it while people are over or you are in public. 

Danesmommy1
by on Dec. 20, 2008 at 8:00 AM

It's completely normal, mama. 

Elke

SamanthaAgain
by on Dec. 20, 2008 at 10:36 AM

Yup, this.  He will start to pull on it too, to the point where you think it MUST hurt, but apparently it doesn't.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Yes it is normal..... It is discovery of his body and will continue for rest of his life. When he gets older he will need to be taught to do it in the privacy of his room in case he decides to do it while people are over or you are in public. 

perfectmom20
by on Dec. 20, 2008 at 12:29 PM

Normal =] He'll get over it! Dont worry. My son did that too, now he does it but only when he's taking a bath lol He pulls on it, like its gum hehehe

shell1m
by on Dec. 20, 2008 at 12:47 PM

yep, normal.  i have two boys andthey are both fascinated with parts of their bodies......LOL!

aarkat
by on Dec. 20, 2008 at 2:42 PM

my philosophy is to let him play with it all he wants now (well, not in public), and maybe he won't be so obsessed with it when he's older!   i suppose there is no stopping hormones, though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)