Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sleeping baby

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:45 AM
  • 4 Replies

Ok, I am not a first time mom, but this baby is WAY different than my oldest daughter was. My newest girl is 6 weeks as of today and she literally has slept all day. Infact she is still sleeping. Yeah, she wakes up to eat-and she was up for maybe 30-1 hr. at a time, but she slept all day-which normally she doesn't. I had a hard time keeping her awake so I gave up. We were up late last night, or morning I should say, but that never phased her before. Do you think it's just today or should I be alarmed. She's acting normal, except for sleeping a lot today...

happily engaged Pictures, Images and Photos
Mommy to: Ana-01/11/2002 and Kaila 11/18/2008
Fiance to DR-08/14/2003
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
thayes1988
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:47 AM

She is probably just going through a growth spirt. I wouldn't be to concerned. No fever? Acting normal? Just a tired baby!

AnasMommy7
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:47 AM

Yeah, no fever and acting normal...I just don't remember this with my oldest, but she is almost 7, so it's been a while...

happily engaged Pictures, Images and Photos
Mommy to: Ana-01/11/2002 and Kaila 11/18/2008
Fiance to DR-08/14/2003
Mommy2Emmau
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:47 AM

My daughter is almost 5 months old and she does this for 1-2 days or month and it is usually followed by a day of "marothon" nursing, where she just wants to eat eat eat and acts like she's starving!  My Pedi said that she is just growth spurting.  As in PP I wouldn't worry unless there are other symptoms...fever, fussiness, irregular BMs,...  Enjoy the extra quiet time, in case you have forgotten, it doesn't last long!  LOL  Congrats on the new little one.  GL

P.S.  You said she is waking to eat...but make sure that it is at least every 4 hours during the day so she doesn't get her days and nights confused.  My pediatrician told me that because after a growth spurt my daughter seemed a little confused and was waking up like 4 times at night when she was used to sleeping for 8 solid hours!!!!  Not cool!  LOL  Just some advice.

crystalstar
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:31 AM

Gratz on the new baby! I wouldn't worry too much. My son is 5 weeks old and he will have days where all he does is sleep, and then he will have days where he won't sleep much at all. It's easy to worry and think that something isn't right, but I just chalk it up to a tired baby or a growth spurt. Here's a tip I learned the hard way: Never wake a sleeping baby!

do not disturb

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)