Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ringworm...exzima (piog)

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:49 PM
  • 5 Replies

ok so i have been posting that my son has ringworm and we are having a hard time getting rid of it...well he also has exzima(spelling is prob. wrong) The ring worm on his leg started off looking like his exzima...now i don't know if the spots on his skin is from his exzima or from the ringworm...cause now i think he is starting to get some on his stomach and chin too...he has redness on his back but i think that is the exzima but i am not sure.

I am now hesitant to take him to my doc...because my parents made the comment with how much i have been taking him to the doctor that they may think i am a hypocodriac parent and is looking for something to be wrong with him and that i may do something to make something wrong...but he has been battling ear infections and now the ringworm and he went for his exzima when i didn't know what it was...

but i called my doc to see if they will give me another refill on his ringworm cream...

will it interfere if i put lotion on him while he has the ring worm med on him??

He is 5 months old and ebf
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jennmarie77
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:17 PM

I would only do the ringworm thing and not the lotion.  However, I would take him back to the doctor to have it checked out again if you haven't already.

frndlyfn
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Heck with your parents, both can be very painful for an infant and i think you need to stay on top of it. I am sure the doctor would tell you if you are going in too much. My motto is better safe than sorry bc you dont want the ringworm to spread all over until poor child is admitted to hospital.

momof3at23
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:57 PM

Have you tried any over the counter creams for the ringworm?  All you need to do is buy some Lotrimin Cream, for athletes foot, ring worm is a fungus, like athletes foot.  Don't use lotion, that is just feeding the fungus.  Has it been diagnosed as ring worm by your doc?  It could be eczema and not ring worm at all.  My middle daughter has eczema and it does start out looking like ring worm, and it does get much worse during the winter. 

Bobcatvalley
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:36 PM

I would tell my parents to bite my ***, then I would put some Lotrimin cream on it. Try to let it air out, and call the dr. I wouldn't worry about the lotion because you want to make sure that the cream is taking care of the ringworm.

Franchesca

Comer, GA

Isaac and Destiny's momlittle flower

Danesmommy1
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 7:31 AM

If you feel your LO needs to go to the doctor, then he needs to go.  You're the mommy, go with your gut. I agree with the PPs about using the cream and holding off on the lotion.  I hope your LO gets better.

Elke

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)