Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

5 month old nap schedule...

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2009 at 7:36 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ok so my 5 month old doesnt take naps at particular times in the day ..right now he eats every 3 hours and normally about 2 hrs after he eats he will take a nap anywhere from 10 minutes-45 minutes and between maybe one feeding in the day he wont take a nap. Should I have him taking less naps than that or maybe two specific long naps in the day or is what hes doing fine???

by on Jan. 6, 2009 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
bcarmona
by on Jan. 6, 2009 at 7:45 PM

hmm not sure if that's a normal thing or not.  My little one is 7 months and her nap schedule at 3-5 months was:

wake up at 0730

nap at 0830-1000 (breakfast)

nap from 1200-1600.

Bedtime at 1900

Now that she is 7 months she doesn't take the morning nap anymore and just takes one long nap from 1200-1630.

american flag ribbonyellow ribbon

Proud Navy Brat and Marine Wife - "Semper Gumby"

armywife43
by on Jan. 6, 2009 at 7:56 PM

my dd is 5 months now and i have her on a set feeding schedule and nap schedule. she wakes up at 8 in the morning,eats breakfast, takes a nap at 10-11, eats when she wakes up, (either right away or an hour later. she eats every 3-4 hours), takes another nap from 1-4, eats, plays until bedtime around 7:30- 8ish. never after 8 though. but i had her on this schedule since she was 3 weeks old.  i had the same schedule with my son, now that he's older though he only eats breakfast at 8, lunch at 12, snack after nap, which is around 4 or 5, and then dinner at 6:30. he sleeps while dd takes her second nap.

Mom2Bria
by on Jan. 6, 2009 at 7:56 PM

My DD is 5 months old and this is what she is like

wake up at 5:30-6ish nurse

nap at 7:30

Eat around 8:30-9ish

Eat around 11:30-12ish

Nap at 12:30

Eat at 2:30-3ish

Nap at 4 ish

Eat at 5:30-6ish

Bed at 7:30

Eat at 9:30ish and back to bed

kittiselly28
by on Jan. 6, 2009 at 8:09 PM

My son is almost four months and this is his schedule:

wake up: 7 am

nap: 9 - 10 am

nap: 1 - 4 pm

bed time: in between 6:30 and 7 pm

I picked the schedule, and I stuck to it! I have a 16 month old too, and he takes the same afternoon nap, so I need it!

AM-BRAT
by Member on Jan. 6, 2009 at 8:19 PM

SOSIE IS 5 1/2 MO.

WAKE UP BETWEEN 6A- 8A (WITH A 2 YO IN BED WITH ALL OF US, YOU NEVER KNOW!)

NAP BETWEEN 9A-10A (DEPENDING ON WHEN SHE GOT UP)

NAP BETWEEN 12P-1P

NAP BETWEEN 4P-5P

BATH AT 7P, BED ANY TIME AFTER THAT BEFORE 8P

SHE IS KIND OF A CATNAPPER. SHE ONLY SLEEPS FOR ABOUT 45 MINUTES AT A TIME. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW SHE SURVIVES SOMETIMES, LOL! BUT, SHE IS ON A SECHEDULE. (FLEXIBLE ONE, OBVIOUSLY)

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
howardsmom
by on Jan. 6, 2009 at 11:51 PM

wow i feel really lazy ya'll all wake up really early and we sleep in pretty late. We normally dont get up any where around 9-11 so we arent on a schedule but I'm thinking when we get back home (we are visiting family right now) we will start wakin up at a certain time and starting a schedule...so what do you think a normal amt of nap time total is for one day????

deemom3
by on Mar. 24, 2010 at 3:31 PM

My little boy is doing the same pretty much. He is almost 6 months. For the past month he has gone back and forth from 2-3 naps per day. If napped for 1-1/2 hrs in the morning then the afternoon naps would be anywhere from 20-40 min but nowwwww..... for some reason he is on these 10-20 min cat naps... I can't get anything done and it seems like he is tired again an hour after he wakes up but it takes me forever to get him to nap. He eats every 3-1/2 to 4 hours. He normally goes to bed between 7-7:30 and wakes up bet 5:30-6:30. Goes down for a nap 2-1/2 hrs after he wakes but now with a fight. Afternoon naps are never the same no matter what routine I try to set.... book, music, rocking he is wise to it all.

Only thing that works for sure is a drive in the car but I stopped doing that because I think I'm making it worse.

I finally got him down for a good afternoon nap.... started at 2:15 with his bottle he fell asleep... I tried to put him in the crib (a little to soon) and he woke right up... fell back again at 2:40 after some rocking and now is still sleeping and it is 3:30. I just don't know if I should try and keep the same times every day or if I should just keep letting him clue me in with the yawns and eye rubbing. Geeez so difficult lately.. Not much for adivse and help ... just wanted to let you know that your not alone. D

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 24, 2010 at 4:01 PM

Just checked my baby books = ) At 5 months my kids napped from 10 a.m. to 11:30 and then from 2:00 to 4:00/4:30.

skittles19
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:21 PM
To the ones having trouble I'm serious read healthy sleep habits happy child I was exhausted my little boy would not sleep at all for me through the night and he was napping maybe 1 hour 2 times a day finally I had it, he needed sleep and so did we the book says when u put him down for a nap let him cry or stay in his crib for 1hour if he isn't asleep after that sooth him or try the next time. For bed time once he is in his crib he is there to stay unless he needs changed or he is hungry let him cry it out he needed to learn how to soothe himself to sleep, its hard but he naps so much better now and he only wakes one to 2 times a night to eat and now we are getting sleep also! Read the book it has helped us so much!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)