Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sleep positioners- or suggestions for babies who are used to sleeping inclined

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2009 at 1:13 PM
  • 3 Replies

My 10 week old twin boys are pretty bit spit-uppers. They were horrible after they were born. They spent the first 4 weeks sleeping semi-inclined in their bouncy chairs. They spitting has tapered off a bit, but I'm still not comfortable putting them down completely flat after they eat.

Right now one of my twins is sleeping in a swing because he wants to be elevated a bit and will only sleep a fitfull hour or so flat on his back because he startles himself. If I swaddle him- he breaks out of it.

My other twin is sleeping on a fairly flat boppy so he's a bit elevated (he's the big spiiter/strange breather).

I bought a sleep positioner today that said I could incline the back a bit, but it's horrible. it sits high off the ground and their heads rolled off of them!!!

Does anyone have a suggestion for a decent sleep positioner, or a way I can 1) get my kid out of the swing and into his crib and 2) what I can do since I'm so worried about them choking?

Thanks!

by on Jan. 14, 2009 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
darbie2008
by on Jan. 14, 2009 at 1:32 PM

target has a positioner that had an incline and its memory foam also it has wedges on the sides to keep them on the positioner...it looked really nice my mom wanted to get it for me but my lo only likes sleepng on his belly

aimee_summers
by on Jan. 14, 2009 at 2:16 PM

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4631162   I just got this one yesterday.   Last night I had to take the positioner part off so my daughter would sleep.  It fits side to side in the bassinette so I dont have to worry about her falling off.   She slept good on it once I took the sides off.   She didnt spit up last night either, I dont know if it is from that or the switch of her formula.   Good luck.  I also plan on getting this one for when I transition her to the crib.    http://www.target.com/Folding-Crib-Wedge/dp/B0009JB38U/qid=1231960456/ref=br_1_10/602-3485718-9591041?ie=UTF8&node=273951011&frombrowse=1&pricerange=&index=tgt-mf-mv&field-browse=273951011&rank=pmrank&rh=&page=4

Photobucket

Photobucket    Photobucket

OceanEyedWahine
by on Mar. 13, 2009 at 8:10 AM

I am not sure what you would have found by this time, but for my son's crib I used the Safe Lift Deluxe Crib Wedge. You can find it online at BabiesRUs. The item # is 158704 or you can enter "crib wedge" under the search option. What I liked about this was it gives your infant use of the entire crib. I used it to transition my son from his bassinet where he was used to sleeping elevated on an infant positioner, to his crib. I felt that it fit securely under his sheet and he enjoyed the moderate lift it provides. I also enjoyed its affordability ($14.99). Hope this helps! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)