Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No period since August - what's up with that?!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:49 AM
  • 6 Replies

Okay, so I haven't had a period since August 11th of `08. My son was born in June, so my doctor has ruled out it being delayed because of birth, since I clearly had one after he was born. I have been formula feeding him since he was 6 months old so the lack of period isn't due to breast feeding. I've taken close to a dozen tests between September and November and they all came back negative. My doctor has also given me urine tests in her office and even an ultrasound to be sure. WE'RE SO CONFUSED!

We want to start talking about birth control and we're leaning towards Mirena, but she wants me to have a period before getting it just to be completely sure that I'm not pregnant. That having been said, we can't seem to figure out why I haven't had a period in 5 months.

Anyone been through something similar to this? Any idea why my period hasn't shown in so long? And yes, I plan on taking another test in about 2 weeks when my son goes back for his check-up, but until that happens - I'd like to have something to go off of.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
frndlyfn
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:22 AM

have you gained/lost alot of weight?? under any stress?? those are a few reasons other than possible hormone imbalance to cause no period.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

HiS.ADDiCTi0N
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:52 PM

No to both of those, so I have no idea.

Quoting frndlyfn:

have you gained/lost alot of weight?? under any stress?? those are a few reasons other than possible hormone imbalance to cause no period.

frndlyfn
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:54 PM

me neither, if the next test is negative for preg dr may want to put you on the drug to start period. i am sorry i am not any help.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

tredafh
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:56 PM

I'm right there with ya. August 17th was my last one. I had a baby in January and have had 3 periods since. I don't have any tubes so there is no need for birth control. It's really frustrating though. I have PCOS so I figure that is my problem.

my girls Pictures, Images and Photos
JessicaB86
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Here is a bump for the missing period. If you figure things out and do get the Mirena, that is an awesome choice.  have it and love it. You may quit having a period with the Mirena. I rarely have one.

They just paid me my first $75.00 check :)
beautifulinlove
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:22 PM
that's strange! well here's a bump, hopefully someone else has had this issue and can help.
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)