Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Diaper Rash Cream

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:38 PM
  • 10 Replies

I've been using this on my son's diaper rash. well more like i sent my husband on a run for it and a pharmacist recommended it. my son has a pretty bad diaper rash and it seems this stuff is working but doesn't (if that makes sense). SO what i was wondering is there another type of diaper rash that works and helps ease pain.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
musicangl
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:54 PM
the best stuff ive found for my 2 girls is California Baby Organic calming diaper cream that stuff worked wonders.. also triple paste for the horrible horrible one.. but that ones expensive! also try sticking a HUGE glob of vasoline in your baby"s diaper(not on their butt but in their diaper) at night before they go to bed.. that has helped a ton.. keeps the pee from them a good bit.

courtneyln
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:20 PM

I use desitin, or my favorite is simply A&d diaper rash oinment, or simple a&d!!! to me it works best, I have tried a bunch to...

Love,Courtney & Manfredo

Liz0808
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:35 PM

I like Dr. Smiths. I will use any if it is just the beginnings of it but if it is worse it's Dr. Smiths. I got mine at target.

ConnorsMommy521
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 9:24 AM

Can you let your son air it out for a while everyday.  Not sure where that would be safe, but maybe on top of the cream a little fresh air. 

Have you tried switching diaper to help relieve the rash?

Sorry about your little ones butt : (

OH, I am using vaseline.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
katiebug905
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 9:26 AM

I use desitin creamy on my son and havent found anything that works better. 

CAarmywife
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 5:17 PM

i only use petroleum jelly. i keep a big thing on the change table and a little one in the diaper bag. it was the only thing that cured dd rash. i tried many.

benandwes
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 7:54 PM

The butt paste always worked for me, or desitin.  One time it was really bad and I swear to god, monistat (like for yeast infections) worked like a charm. 

kyfiregirl
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 8:01 PM

thre butt paste is the best overall but if its is worse than usual or the butt paste dosent work it may be a yeast rash and you will need a prescription rash cream. they have some really good one for prisc. that even help with pain! I mostly used zinc oxide cream(its really cheap) and its the only active ingrediant of all rash creams and keeps all extras  out. If its a yucky rash the butt paste is good if its really bad get the perscription.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Olivia711
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 8:57 PM

I absolutely love desitin creamy. My daughter right now has the diaper rash from hell and desitin had made a huge difference. When I apply it I load it on covering every inch of her front and bottom. One thing that will definitely help is to air out your son's bottom. Everytime I change my daughter I let her run around naked for ten or fifteen minutes then slap a load of desitin on and she's good to go. If your son is small just put a blanket under him just in case he goes potty =)

Sillieguze
by Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 11:00 PM

We use Desitin.  We've tried other stuff but that's what we like the best.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)