• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Similac alimentum to advance? (PIOG)

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:15 PM
  • 3 Replies

So when my DD was born we found out around the 3 week of her life that she had colic. After messing around with isomil and advance we finally put her on alimentum. Well she is now 4 months old and I read that by now colic usually goes away. So what I was thinking is to try and put her back on the similac advace since it is loads cheaper and see how it goes. I mean if she gets colicy then I can always put her back on the alimentum. What do you ladies think? Any advice or personal stories would be helpful. Thanks all!

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
whales
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:40 PM

I'm not really much help. We had our daughter on Similasc Advance and then the dr put her on alimentum. Now we are switching to peptamen. Sorry not sure.

abbymom79
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:09 PM

What does PIOG mean?  I see it all the time and cannot figure it out.  I am too nervous to switch Abby's formula.  We had a hard  time finding something that worked and I don't want to mess with it.  We got lucky though and she does really well on the Sam's brand which is really cheap.  So it works out best for both of us.

Amber115
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Posted in other groups.

Quoting abbymom79:

What does PIOG mean?  I see it all the time and cannot figure it out.  I am too nervous to switch Abby's formula.  We had a hard  time finding something that worked and I don't want to mess with it.  We got lucky though and she does really well on the Sam's brand which is really cheap.  So it works out best for both of us.

It couldn't hurt to try. I would buy a couple small cans of liquid first to see how it works.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)