Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:03 PM
  • 4 Replies

MY SON 2.5 YR OLD TODAY WENT POOP IN THE BIG POTTY SO HE HAS BEEN IN UNDERWEAR SINCE THIS MORNING. HE HAS ONE ACCIDENT PEEING ON HIMSELF BUT HAS DONE GREAT OTHER WISE. I THINK I WILL BE CONFUSING HIM TOMMORROW ONCE I GO BACK TO WORK AND HE WILL BE BACK IN DIAPERS. HOW CAN I MAKE IT EASIER ON HIM I KNOW HE IS NOT FULLY TRAINED BUT HAS HAS A REALLY GOOD SO FAR WHAT SHOULD I DO?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
c_disario
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:43 PM

why do you have to put him back in diapers?

TOMUCH_2FAST
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:53 PM

i would say why not get him the feel and learn pull ups.. that way if he does go to the bathroom in his pants he feels it but yet it doesn;t make a mess and you dont have to do 30 loads of laundry a day...

Ready?? I am 19 years old, non married, still with my daughters father, semi co-sleeping, semi CIO, on time vaccinating, spanking, breast/bottle feeding, non self weaned, solid food giving, open minded, high school grad. WOTH  mommy to Mariah and i wouldn't change a second of it for the world.

Swt_Mama
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:01 PM

BECAUSE ILL BE GOING BACK TO WORK AND HE WILL BE GOING TO MIL SHE WATCHES MY 2 LOS AND 2 GRANKIDS SO I KNOW SHE IS NOT GONNA WANT TO HAVE HOM IN UNDERWEAR BECAUSE OF MESSING UP THE CARPET AND HE DOSENT TELL YOU HE HAS TO GO YET I JUST ASK HIM EVRY HOUR OR SO

Quoting c_disario:

why do you have to put him back in diapers?

marywilliams
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 10:44 AM

Can you try the training pants?  The ones that are like underwear but with a lot of extra "padding".  That way he'd be in underwear and not in diapers.  I hate to sound mean, but when you agree to watch kids - potty training is part of it.  How do people expect parents to potty-train when they don't want the "mess".  It takes everyone working together - we had to fight to get my stepdaughter's biological mother to work with us instead of using diapers.  We finally had to wait until we had SD for 10 straight days and just got rid of the diapers and pull-ups.  She got panties and if she had an accident, we just cleaned it up.  I think your MIL should be working with you to potty train, not worry about the inconvenience of a few accidents.  The sooner he's trained, the sooner she has less work!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)