• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you..

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:41 PM
  • 5 Replies

Poll

Question: Does your LO play with yours or hubbys cell phone?

Options:

Yes all the time

Nope never

Sometimes

other.. because theres always an other lol

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 25

View Results

i am asking this because me and my step brother got into an argument about it  he tried to give my daughter his cell phone and i told him no and he asked why and i said because it teaches her that its ok to play with my things and i wanna be able to leave my phone and keys on the table and know its going to be there in an hour.. and he thinks i am crazy and that it doesn't teach kids that am i wrong?

Ready?? I am 19 years old, non married, still with my daughters father, semi co-sleeping, semi CIO, on time vaccinating, spanking, breast/bottle feeding, non self weaned, solid food giving, open minded, high school grad. WOTH  mommy to Mariah and i wouldn't change a second of it for the world.

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
KelseyNovy87
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:42 PM

ds doesn't play with ours. he's got his own cell phones, both old ones that no longer work. he plays with those. he hardly ever tries to get mine or hubby's, and when he does he gets scolded.

Daisypath Vacation Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

BrandonsWifey08
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:50 PM

If she's upset and its the only thing that calms her down then yes, but she has 3 or 4 of our old phones to play with, we keep one everywhere we go. We have just got ought to it and she and her sister know they cant touch mommy and daddys phone unless we give it to them but i dont really freak out about it, that why God invented insurance and warrentys on phones. I'd give her a used one or even a fake one kids love them for some reason.

marywilliams
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Caroline is a little young - she's only 8 weeks old.  We've been working with SD (who is 4) on asking permission before playing with anything that is not hers.  I cannot give permission for anyone to play with her toys and I cannot give permission for anything that is her daddy's.  That way she is learning to give permission for someone to play with her things and she has to ask permission to play with someone elses.  It's all a matter of deciding how you want to teach your children the lessons.

No matter what, people should do what the parents decide - it's their kid after all.

rlemde
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 11:11 AM

you're not wrong he's ignorant for not realizing you're the mother.

oxley12
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 1:54 PM

My daughter has toy cell phones that makes noises like counting and things like that...but we also gave her old cell phones of ours that no longer work.  She likes to hold those up to her ear and pretend like shes talking to some one like we do. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)