Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Help

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:21 AM
  • 5 Replies

I need some advice.... My daughter is 5 months old and she is my first she sleeps in a bassinett right next to my bed and I should put her in her crib now but i cant seem to make that transition.. her crib is in my room also but it is to far from me i think i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on making it easier for me to make my switch

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mamaof32007
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:36 AM

start putting her in there at naptime and see how she does.  I really dont know our kids were in cribs as soon as they got home from the hospital. 

Sydneysmommy200
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:40 AM

she does sleep in there for her naps and  she does fine it me that needs the help LOL over night when i cant see her i guess

Tosha88
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:43 AM

or maybe start putting her in a pack n play at bedtime and move it closer and closer to the crib about every other night.

laylasmommi
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 11:27 AM

I am with you! It's a bonding time I cherish! It is hard, now my baby is 7 months and it is hard on her too - so she thinks she should NOT HAVE TO sleep in the crib. So....she doesn't. And I don't know if I am ready for her to - I know it is ridiculous, but that's how I feel. I fear "what if I sleep through her crying", etc - so don't worry, there are sooooooo many parents that sleep with, co sleep and / or have their kids in the same room as them - and everyone turns out just fine - I did!

momtorussell
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 12:35 PM

If you aren't ready, then don't do it.  At five months we too tried the crib and it didn't work.  At 7 months, we were ready, tried again, and had success.  I would just wait until you are ready, not what others tell you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)