Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

irregular periods after birth

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:37 PM
  • 6 Replies

I had my son almost 7 months ago, and my periods were normal for a while, but I havent gotten my period since December 13th. I took 2 pregnancy tests and they came out negative, so I know I'm not pregnant. Has this happened to anyone else? And should I just wait it out or should I make an appointment to see a doctor?

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
AshleyRiv
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Mine went back to normal BUT my mom and a friend of mine both said that there's never got back to normal after they had kids...and my mom hasn't had kids in over 19 years and my friend in over 6

Photobucket
Photobucket
ballewal
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 10:56 AM

just because your pregnancy tests were negative doesn't mean that you aren't pregnant. false negatives are much more common than flase positives.

also, are you breastfeeding? irregular periods after birth are common, especially if you're nursing.

r.i.proby213
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 1:20 PM

yah that happend to me with both my sons it will take a year maybe a year in a half to get a regural period its normal it dosent happen to everyone but it dose happen specaly if your on berthcontrol

MommyRoberts626
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 1:22 PM

I had my daughter in June, had my period 3 times in September and haven't had it since. But I am also breastfeeding.

Keisha0806
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 1:23 PM

Girl I feel you , this is my first baby and I breastfee and pump. Kendall is six months and gets solids now but I have had one period and it was on 12/27 and none since. I have taken 3 tests and they are all neggers. I don't even know when I'm ovulating or anything. So I am in the boat with you. I just want some kind of schedule or something.

mommyofone123
by Member on Feb. 6, 2009 at 1:26 PM

i bf my first for a year. i got my period when she was 6 weeks old and then not again till she was 13 months old! with my second (she's 3 months old) i've been bf since she was born and i've been lightly spotting since she was born but no actual "period" yet....everyone's different though. i've always had crazy cycles and had to take fertility drugs to get pregnant so.........

baby girltoddler girl

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)