Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our son is crawling!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:54 AM
  • 9 Replies

Our 8 month-old son crawled for the first time today.  I was on the phone with my mother and I looked down at the floor and he had crawled a few feet.  It's bittersweet for me...he will have more freedom now and won't get so frustrated, but on the other hand, it means he is growing up.  Can't he stay a baby forever?  Did anyone else have these feelings when your LO crawled for the first time?  I can't imagine how I will feel when I see him walking for the first time...LOL! 

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
gracesmommy22
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:57 AM
LOL my girl is almost 8 months and waiting for ger to crawl is almost as agonizing as waiting for her arrival! lol
wirelessbubbles
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:12 AM

My ds started crawling a couple weeks ago - he's almost 8mo. It's nice because everybody's so proud that he can do it (and he's already trying to walk! surprised )

On the other hand, now we have to worry about keeping him out of everything! And chasing him around when he's determined to explore is EXHAUSTING.

Good luck!!

Photobucket

gacgbaker
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Way to go to your little one!  And yes those feelings are normal, so happy to see them hitting that milestone, but so sad that you are "losing" your baby. 

storkbusy momnurse

Got little ones or expecting one?  Check out these groups!
Pregnanc
y, After Pregnancy: Babies & Toddlers, Children's Health Issues

JennyJuice
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:07 PM

lol my daughter started crawling really really early so it was heartbreaking...now she is not even 11 months and running.......I love it becuase I know she is smart and im doing something right as her mom but at the same time im like where is my itty bitty baby I brought home? shes  talks to me and everything. She love to tell me no........waaaaaaaaaaaah lol now im gonna go cry hahahahahhaha.

devilkitty
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:08 PM

CONGRATS!! Jailynn is 8 months also and started yesterday!

skisbufly1
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:09 PM

My DD just got the hang of it she's doing good, and she's 7 months...

I am a SAHM, Vaxing, Breastfeeding, No-cosleeping, Pro Spanking,Military wife, Open

minded,
Myspace addict , Obama Mama,Horror Movie Addict, Proud of my soldier/veteran,

Loving Momma to Princess Ava Pilar!

Mia055
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Zeek hasnt started crawling yet....he's gettin there tho...he just scoots around and often goes forward but when he gets mad, and frustrated and wanting to be held he scoots backwards...its so funny, so i know it'll be soon

MommaAnamCara
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:51 PM

Congrats!!!! I am still waiting for the lil' one to crawl, but savoring the moments. When I first heard him laugh, my heart almost broke because I realized he's not going to be a baby forever. I wish there was a way to keep them as babies...

way to go

flower_angel
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 2:51 PM

yeah aiden hasn't started crawling yet hes 5 months. i want him to crawl but at the same time i don't ant him to grow up

Quoting MommaAnamCara:

Congrats!!!! I am still waiting for the lil' one to crawl, but savoring the moments. When I first heard him laugh, my heart almost broke because I realized he's not going to be a baby forever. I wish there was a way to keep them as babies...

way to go

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)