Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

crib issues (kinda funny)

Posted by   + Show Post

ok.

my daughter was in the hospital for a week with rsv and pnemonia ( bless her heart) and they had her sleeping in a pretty big crib. before the hospital visit she was sleeping in her bassinet which she was really to big for...so when we got home i thought id put her in her crib to see how she does..kinda ween her off her basinet and the closed space.

anyways i dont know how she does it but i will go in there after an hour and she will be completly sideways upsidedown at the bottom of her crib lol.

the only problem is she gets to the crib bumpers and burries her face in them, pretty scary.

im afraid shes going to suffocate one of these times. i always fix her when shes like that which of course wakes her up =/

anyways i was just looking for some tips or ideas on wat to do to help prevent that.

as always u guys are great

i just read this and it sounds like a really stupid question lol. sorry but if you have any input i greatly appreciate it

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:54 AM
Replies (11-12):
lostmarbles0520
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 8:44 AM

My baby boy is a similar sleeper - moves all over the place, ends up on the opposite end of the crib, turned around! I had to put the bumper in because DS would wake up with bar marks on his face, and he'd stick his arms (up to his SHOULDERS) out of the bars!! So we tucked ours about halfway down the side of the mattress. I don't worry about DS suffocating, because he's always had really good head control, and moves so much that he wouldn't stay by it long. I don't worry about him, but of course, I do check on him.

Just tuck the bumper in! =)

I love my strong, healthy, intelligent, growing, thriving, circumsized, vaccinated, CIO, 95th-percentile, disposable-diapered, early-front-facing, formula-fed, Mommas-boy, almost-7-month-old son!
baby boy
Zachary Andrew
7/25/2008

newmom2be08
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Our son is quite the little wiggle worm too in his crib and we were worried about the crib bumper as well.  We have a breathable crib bumper.  It's made of mesh.  I got it at Babies R Us online.  We love it and don't have to worry about him burying his face in it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)