Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sleeping through the night

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:47 PM
  • 6 Replies

My son is 7 mos. old and his dr. said he should be sleeping through the night and doesn't need any night feedings.  But I can't get him to sleep all night.  He still wakes up twice to nurse, which is less feedings than before.  Does anyone else's child not sleep through the night?  I just want to know that there's nothing wrong with him.  Please help!!  Thanks!

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kate_jocelyn
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:48 PM

Some breastfed babies NEED those nighttime feedings, as long as up to nine months.

Have you tried co-sleeping?? Dont listen to your doctor, doctors arent educated on breastfeeding.

I'm a single, 18 year old, christian, breastfeeding, baby-wearing, co-sleeping, cloth-diapering, vax-delaying, stay-at-home, non-cry-it-out mama to my little miss Anabelle Mae, and I'm so proud of it!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

HipMama08
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:49 PM

Nope, nothing wrong with him. Yes, techinically he should be able to sleep through the night developmentally wise... and chances are he is waking up more out of habit and becuase he likes to nurse than anything else. But, I knew all this and my dd is 12 months old and just recently started sleepng through the night every night!!! Talk about exhausted mommy! LOL....good luck!

I am a 22 year old, single, WAHM but still put my kid in daycare mommy of a sassy, spunky, stubborn 1 year old girl. I am a former BFing, CIO, pro-choice, vaxing mama who loves her little one more than life!!

Jodie1128
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:52 PM

MY DD IS ALMOST 6 MONTHS AND STILL WAKES UP AT LEAST ONCE A NIGHT IF NOT MORE.

Kinzley                                 Izaiah

SamanthaAgain
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:56 PM

Connor is almost 8 months and still wakes up at least once.  No worries.

sbilbo
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:57 PM

He probably is just waking up b/c he is used to it. Did you try giving himi a paci when he wakes up to see if that will soothe him back to sleep that way?

kerridm
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:39 PM
My best friend's 3 year old ate every two hours for the first YEAR of his life! He literally woke up and nursed every two hours! I would have died! So, your son is doing better than my friends son. However, we just stopped feeding our son during the night. We did what we had to do (wait, correction I did what I had to do) to get him back to sleep and eventually he slept through the night without problems. It did not take long for that to happen. Try letting him cry for a few minutes first, don't rush to him immediately, he may go back to sleep on his own. I know it's hard to do that, but it really helped us.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)