Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

What is wrong with me?! (poll)

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 1:06 PM
  • 6 Replies

Poll

Question: (SINGLE MOMS) how long did it take before you met someone new?

Options:

less than 6 months

6 months-1 year

over a year

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 4

View Results

ok so my baby is now 4 1/2 months old, and i think i look pretty decent for having had a c-section and almost dying from a staph infection.  my tummy is nowhere near what it used to look like, but i'm not fat, just have loose skin still.  now i think i look ok, i may be wrong.  i'm not happy with the way i look, and things aren't tightening up as quickly as i thought they would, but i figure that's to be expected since they cut through your muscles and everything during the c-section.  my question is...and this is for other single moms out there...WHY CAN'T A DECENT-LOOKING GUY EVEN LOOK AT ME?!  i only get leers from nasty old guys, or very obese guys, or looks of pity from the decent-looking ones my age.  and since i'm a single mom, i don't exactly have the time to go out to bars or pretty much anywhere cuz i have noone to watch my son.  how am i supposed to meet people?  ugh i just needed to rant and vent a little.  thanks ladies.

by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ballewal
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 1:09 PM

I have a 4 month-old, too. Being a single parent is tough.

But why are you in such a rush to meet someone? You just had a kid. Your life is unpredictable. Why do you want to add the stress of dating on top of that?

Pinkysforever21
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Quoting ballewal:

But why are you in such a rush to meet someone? You just had a kid. Your life is unpredictable. Why do you want to add the stress of dating on top of that?

MY DAUGHTER IS 21 MONTHS BUT BALLEWAL TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUTTA MY MOUTH. WHY ARE YOU IN SUCH A RUSH TO GET A MAN IF YOU JUST HAD A BABY?

ballewal
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 1:19 PM

I know with me, things with my daughter's father ended badly. The main focus of my life is my daughter. I don't want just anyone to be in our lives.

twitchymom
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Quoting Pinkysforever21:

Quoting ballewal:

MY DAUGHTER IS 21 MONTHS BUT BALLEWAL TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUTTA MY MOUTH. WHY ARE YOU IN SUCH A RUSH TO GET A MAN IF YOU JUST HAD A BABY?

I'm not in a rush to find a man...I just wonder am I really THAT unnatractive after having a baby that I can't even get a decent-lookin dude to LOOK at me?!  and it's not like things are gonna be all that different in a year...i still won't have anyone to babysit him.  it's just like there's no end in sight.  and it's not like i'm gonna let dude play daddy to my son right away i'm not stupid.  you have to earn the right to be around my child...

twitchymom
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 8:19 PM
Pinkysforever21
by on Feb. 18, 2009 at 6:05 PM

IM GOING TO TAKE A WILD GUESS ON THE MEN'S BEHALF AND SAY ITS MOST LIKELY BECAUSE NOW A DAYS YOU CAN'T FIND AN INTELLIGENT/ WELL EDUCATED SINGLE INDEPENDANT WOMEN BECAUSE MOST OF THE LADYS ARE MOMS MARRIED OR SINGLE MOMS. GUYS DON'T WANT TO DATE A GIRL WITH KIDS BECAUSE THE KIDS GET MOST OF HER ATTENTION. AND THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO HAVE A SPUR OF THE MOMENT DATE BECAUSE YOU CAN'T FIND A BABYSITTER AT THE DROP OF A DIME.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)